Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2019, 10:07 AM   #1
notanlines

Beware/Avoid the Trimax Pin Lock

We were gifted a bright yellow TRIMAX Pin Lock for the Suites. Sadly, it wouldn't simply slide on the pin. And it wouldn't slide on a new Montana. And it wouldn't slide on a late model Raptor that was next to us. It isn't a second, certainly hasn't been damaged! (That would be tough to do) I emailed the company and received this response:
"Sorry you had an issue with the lock.
We would need proof of purchase to do a warranty replacement.
Sincerely,"
I responded thusly:

Jim,
I’m sure you were hired to say those exact words, but do you realize how hollow they sound? I’m quite sure you don’t have a fifth-wheel, but if you would, imagine YOU having this problem and the company saying “Oh, Mr Jim, please send us the original with the paperwork (For $12.00 to USPS) and we’ll send you another just like it….”
I don’t want another. And I don’t want any refund. I want to know why your company will sell a product such as this that won’t simply slide over the end of a hitch pin.

I believe this POS is about $40-50 on Amazon....avoid it like a well-done T-bone.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:43 AM   #2
Tbos

I have one from Master that is a yellow U shaped lock. It fits the pin and has a standard keyed pin lock that looks just like the locking pin for my hitch receiver. Sounds like Trimax really messed that up. It’s not hard to check a measurement.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 07:46 PM   #3
busterbrown

What a poor canned response from CS. Thanks for letting the community know.

I bought an expensive cell signal booster kit from Weboost in December. Amazon was the seller. The 25' collapsible ground pole wouldnt stay extended when first used on our trip to AZ and UT in March.

Decided to call Weboost CS to see what they would do for me as Amazon does not provide refunds or exchanges after 30 days of purchase. Without hesitation, the rep asked for my address and told me they would ship a new $150 pole the next day. No proof of purchase was even necessary.

Some companies have it right; some just blow my mind on how they remain open for business.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote