Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2018, 11:55 AM   #1
BRB Rig

Grey Water #2 Tank Overflow in Hauler

Last night, I was chilling in the Master Bedroom when I heard Cherry shriek, "Water is filling the kitchen sink!"

I stumbled out into the cold, rounded the rig, and pulled the #2 valve. Phew, we were good, or so I thought.

"Baby Love, the garage is flooding on the door side!"

OMG. Water had come up the washer/dryer drain pipe in the garage and spilt across the rubber floor. We sopped it all up with bath towels. Outside the garage, water dripped from the rig into a big puddle.

Being newbies, we forgot to empty our kitchen #2 grey water before running a load in our washer/dryer. We dried everything we could and are running two dehumidifiers nonstop. Should we be concerned about further damage? Will our floors rot and exude a black plague of mold? Are we overexaggerating? Oof!

Moda & Cherry
BRB Rig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 12:59 PM   #2
SummitPond

We had an overflow issue once, but it wasn't any of the tanks - when I winterized I didn't close the bathtub faucet and got involved with something else before I went in to check all was well after city water was connected and turned back on. The amount of water was considerable - it ran out of the bathroom and the full length of the trailer to the bed. Our floorplan is quite different than yours, but after sopping up all the water and running fans to dry it out, we have not had any issues (this was maybe 2 years ago). I was very impressed no water got under the cupboards at floor level. Fortunately nothing went down the heater vents.

Maybe we were lucky; if we were - I wish you the same luck.

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 01:08 PM   #3
BRB Rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitPond View Post
We had an overflow issue once, but it wasn't any of the tanks - when I winterized I didn't close the bathtub faucet and got involved with something else before I went in to check all was well after city water was connected and turned back on. The amount of water was considerable - it ran out of the bathroom and the full length of the trailer to the bed. Our floorplan is quite different than yours, but after sopping up all the water and running fans to dry it out, we have not had any issues (this was maybe 2 years ago). I was very impressed no water got under the cupboards at floor level. Fortunately nothing went down the heater vents.

Maybe we were lucky; if we were - I wish you the same luck.
Thanks for the story. Glad you guys are ok. We didn’t have the spillage you did but, nonetheless, we’re concerned and your story eased our mellow.
BRB Rig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 12:22 PM   #4
Ken / Claudia

I think you should just dry it out real good and take it to the NW and sell it as many seen to do with autos from some of those floods in the south and east coast.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 03:45 PM   #5
Roscoe

I remember our first time hooking up to water with our fifth wheel.. got it all hooked up then went inside to find the valve for the kitchen faucet had been bumped open by some bags on the counter and the sink covers were still on top of the sink bowls.. water ran down the counter and below the sink and was dripping down on to the ground from between the wall and the floor.. luckily caught it fairly early as i did not notice right away due to the slow flow of it being only cracked slightly open.. gotta learn sometime
Edge cs2 Programmer w/ egt
4" Turbo back exhaust
Roscoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, water