Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 12-31-2011, 02:44 PM   #1
spooky62

Alpine 3450RL Bathroom Issue ???

Howdy Folks - Happy New Year!

Moving from 02 Journey 36DL to 2012 Alpine 3450RL. We are tired spending $3K per year in maintenance and fuel. Planning on leaving Alpine in AZ permanently and driving truck to IN for 3 month summers.

Now, for my concerns:

Have read most posts on net and find that the Keystone products are no different from most other RV products, especially when NEW. What specifically have most Alpine (or Montana) owners experienced when buying new?

I read that the refrigerators may not work on electric and the programmable thermostats have a problem. Should we share these concerns with the dealer before delivery? Does anyone have a good checklist to us to use during the 24 hours that we will be staying at the dealership living in the new unit?

Any suggestions we should consider when moving into the new unit? Things to look out for or things we should consider buying beyond that provided by the mfg? How about the tripod stabilizer under the pin? Needed or not?

Thanks to all of you who participate in this forum. Hopefully, it will be as helpful as the Winnebago forum has been over the past 10 years.

Spooky
spooky62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:43 PM   #2
CarKath

I have a 2011 3450RL. I would have to say, wife and I are more than satisfied with our unit. We have not experienced anything that could be deemed a major problem. A few loose screws here and there. ( the trailer, not me, well maybe me, he he )
I have had to tighten a water line or 2 and also replace battery in key less entry.

As I said, nothing major. Refrigerator has worked flawlessly and thermostat is more of a learning curve than a problem or weak point. ( depends on stat your unit came with as well )

I do not expect you to have any major issues anytime soon.

There is a checklist hiding on this forum somewhere. Use the search feature and I am sure you will find what you need.

Welcome aboard.

Carl
Dog : Tucker
Cats: Beaudie and Jangles
CarKath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:00 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

Happy New Year and welcome to the forum! You can view and download this checklist from Flyguy's (one of our members) website : http://www.eaa1358.com/Passport/
and follow the links to the pre-delivery inspection checklist.
Some members have found that the Steady Fast stabilization system works well for them and seems to provide better stability than the tripod. I have the tripod and it does result in some, but not much, improvement.
If the Alpine doesn't have slide toppers, I would recommend you purchase those.
Enjoy your new unit and hope you have many miles of safe travels.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:52 PM   #4
larrym

EDIT, Festus beat me to it by a country mile.

Where in AZ are you buying from? You mention staying on the property for a while. Although we live in Texas, our new 3750FL is being built and will be delivered to Affinity in Prescott around the end of January, we will be staying in the unit for a couple of days as well. We bought a new motor home from them in 2010, they were great, so we're back to them for a 5er.
Banks SpeedBrake w/IQ
18K Superglide
RideRites & Pump
8-71 Blown '68 Nova SS
21' Interceptor 212BR
'23 T-Bucket, Tunnel Ram 427 BBC

https://banners.wunderground.com/weat...t=40 width=467
larrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:33 AM   #5
X-Treme

Interesting that this thead is titled "bathroom issue" and there is NO mention of a bathroom at all...
Old 01-01-2012, 07:19 AM   #6
DocData757

If you are buying a new Alpine, the thermostat programming flaw should not be an issue for you as they have addressed it.

We have the 3500RE and love it. We had a hydraulic leak (blown seal on one slide ram) that they handled under warranty. If your fluid level is low, cycle your slides in and out 4 or 5 times. If you have the same problem (and I doubt you will), you will see pretty quickly issues with the slides moving.

As already said... a few loose screws or loose water pipe fittings, mislabeled valves in the convenience center. Not much and nothing surprising for a new unit.

Now, I'm sure, any second now, we are going to see another post from Mr. Doom & Gloom. Ugh!
DocData757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:01 PM   #7
spooky62

Bathroom Issue Response

Howdy All:

THANKS for your responses. We have been RVing for over 30 years - all the way from popup, TT (Jayco), Class C and Class A (Winne). This will be our first 5th, so we are interested in what others have learned and experienced.

We have read several forums and talked to a few RVIA techs at our home dealer. We chose LAMesa here in Mesa as their trade and price was the best of several dealers here in the "Valley of the Sun". So far, their customer service has been exemplary - now we will see how it goes after delivery.

The bathroom post was to initially ask about leaks under the shower and toilet seals that was a post by others. However, Keystone fired the assembly tech that was not completing the propper assembly, so those leaks should not be there on the new units - HOPEFULLY!

THANKS again. We will post next week after our first week in the unit.

Spooky
spooky62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #8
travelbugger

Hi Spooky62!
Congratulations on your new rig. I thought i'd add my 2 cents, even though I am sure you have already bought the RV.
I have had a few things that needed repair inder warranty but not anything that would surely happen to others. I think they are just flukes. They also did not occur immediately.
I love our Alpines decor and various features. We have the 3200 RL
How do you like your new rv? Have you found any issues after your first week?
travelbugger is offline   Reply With Quote