Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2014, 07:27 AM   #1
theasphaltrv'er

14 Cougar Xlite 26SAB

Asking anybody that has a Cougar Xlite 26SAB if their water pump is in the little cabinet under the electric Jbox in the back street side corner. The docking station is on the outside there. I'm wondering how do you get to the pump to winterize with that mess of water lines, satellite & tv cables in there.
I can barely see the pump much less get to the inlet to hook up my tube to suck antifreeze into the system. How does everyone else winterize this RV?

Thanks
Milo
Life is fantastic & gettin
better every day
theasphaltrv'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:52 AM   #2
JeffS

We had a 2011 26SAB but it looks like the layout has not changed for the 2014.
The water pump was in the kitchen sink area. To get to it I removed the 2 large drawers by the entry door. Initially the drawers were tricky to get out. As I recall there is a release lever on each drawer slide.
Huntley, Illinois
formerly Norton Shores, Michigan
JeffS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:26 AM   #3
wtxdxer

We have a 2012 26SAB. Our pump is under the oven. There is a wood panel under the oven you have to remove to reach it.

Regards,

Alan
Old 02-10-2014, 07:36 PM   #4
BobnLee

We have a 2011 26 SAB and the pump is also in the kitchen, under the sink on the outside wall, right beside the drawers. I got sick of pulling out the drawers to get at the pump so I cut a rectangle hole in the panelling right above the spot where the pump sits and put a grille in its place. Framed the opening with 1x2 pine on the inside and it is now pretty easy to get at. Two screws and its right there
BobnLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:10 AM   #5
limit4

26sab

We have a 2013 26SAB and as the one poster said, The water pump is just below the oven. 2 or 4 screws to remove the panel. The dealer gave us a 2ft. hose with a connector for the pump and you remove the pipe coming from the fresh water and put supplied hose in that spot, put the other end into the jug. I put the jug in a large pan and have plenty of rags to wipe p any spill.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:03 PM   #6
theasphaltrv'er

Thanks for the replies. Well for the 2014's guess they moved it to the back street side of the 5er. The docking station is on the side just below wher the electrical cord enter the 5er. When I get in there to hook up the progressive EMS system in the cubbie hole above the pump, I'll search for a possible hose for winterizing it.

Thanks again
Milo
better every day
Old 02-12-2014, 01:39 PM   #7
ncgrl1

We have a 14 and it is under the oven. It was an early 14 so they must have changed. Our cord comes out the back. No docking station at all.
ncgrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:25 AM   #8
limit4

26sab

What is the docking station mentioned. I am probably the only person on the forum that does not know.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:07 AM   #9
theasphaltrv'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by limit4 View Post
What is the docking station mentioned. I am probably the only person on the forum that does not know.
The docking station is where all the fittings, city water, water tank fill up, connect a hose for outside water & black tank flush + they put the satellite & cable hook ups there, they are located in an inclosed box w/ a locking door. The electrical is about 6" above that.

Milo
better every day