Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2013, 06:56 AM   #1
Clonefan

Passport 2650BH Winterizing Question

I don't have access to my camper and I am going to get it winterized this weekend. I left the owner's manual in it...does anyone have a link to an owners manual online?

Better yet, could someone answer me this: Does the 2650BH have a hose dedicated to winterizing coming off of the water pump? Do I need to get one to winterize it? I want to roll up to the camper prepared to get the job done and not being able to look at it before hand is a pain!

Also, any estimates on how much anti freeze to buy? I'm going to blow the lines out first fyi. My old camper I had it down to science, this one is new!

Thanks in advance
Old 10-17-2013, 07:49 AM   #2
MISailor

Several revisions of the keystone owners manual can be found here:
http://www.keystonerv.com/customer-s.../owners-manual
2023 Ford F150 SuperCrew 5.0L V8, 3.73 Rear Axle (Photo to be updated)
MISailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:57 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Here's the link to the owner's manual, but don't expect anything but generalized information in it. You won't find any step by step "model specific" information on any of the Keystone products.

http://www.keystonerv.com/customer-s.../owners-manual

You may also want to go to the Keystone video website and watch the video on winterization here: http://www.keystonerv.com/customer-service

Three gallons of antifreeze should be enough to winterize your RV if you drain the HWH, blow out the lines and don't forget to blow out the P traps. Just pouring antifreeze down the drain will dilute the antifreeze with the water that is already in the trap, so emptying them first will save a little antifreeze. Don't forget to flush the toilet until pink appears !!!!

You'll need 3 or 4 ft of tubing and a flojet adapter fitting. You can get the fitting from any RV dealership and the tubing from any hardware store or big box store.

Don't forget a #2 square drive screwdriver (or bit and drill driver) as you will definitely be taking some things apart to access the pump and bypass valves.

Here's a picture of the flojet adapter fitting. Simply pull the blue tab on your water pump, disconnect the input hose, insert the adapter with your hose installed, push the blue fitting closed, insert the hose into a gallon of antifreeze and turn the pump on, continue opening and closing faucets as pink appears.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FLOJET ELBOW ATTACHMENT FITTING a.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	4359  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:05 AM   #4
Clonefan

Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate your help! Went smoothly I'd say.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #5
donnie_o8

winterizing

Is it safe to think all the water is out of the fresh water holding tank by just running it empty by the pump and then draining through the low point drains? I have a 2012 passport grand touring 3100rk and the belly is closed so I cant see the tank. It has three low point drains which kinda has me unsure that they drain the holding tank. Two of them are close to the front near the bathroom and one is toward the rear near the kitchen. I was told by a dealer to just drain the three low points and that will do it.
donnie_o8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:29 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Donnie 08,

You don't have three low point drains. You have two low point drains and a fresh water tank drain (same as all the rest of us) The two caps that are next to each other are the hot water and cold water low point drains. The one near the back of the RV is the fresh water tank drain. If you open that one, you will drain almost all the water out of the fresh water tank. Then, when you remove the other two caps and open your faucets, you will drain most of the water out of the plumbing lines.

You can almost NEVER get all the water out of the tank or the lines, especially when gravity tends to bend (or sag) the lines. Water gets trapped in the "sag" and it won't flow to the low point drain. That's why most of us either use compressed air to blow it out or use antifreeze to force it out.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 10-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #7
E597283

I have a 2910bh and it didn’t have a small pump house to insert in to a gallon of anti freeze. I find it very easy to drain all water, turn hot water heater bypass, put 2-3gls of anti freeze directly in to fresh water storage tank. Run pump and turn on each faucet (including outside shower) until anti-freeze comes out. This includes pouring a little in to each drain trap and toilet (don’t flush).

2011 Keystone Passport 2910BH Ltd. Edition

2007 Yukon XL Denali, 6.2 liter
E597283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:42 PM   #8
donnie_o8

OK ..thanks again for the help. We have a trip planned for Thanksgiving weekend and I was hoping to be able to drain the fresh water tank empty and blow the lines out with air and not have to put anti freeze in the fresh water tank. Anti freeze in the two grey tanks and the black is no big deal. Was just hoping not to have to rinse and flush anti freeze from fresh water tank for one more trip.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnie_o8 View Post
OK ..thanks again for the help. We have a trip planned for Thanksgiving weekend and I was hoping to be able to drain the fresh water tank empty and blow the lines out with air and not have to put anti freeze in the fresh water tank. Anti freeze in the two grey tanks and the black is no big deal. Was just hoping not to have to rinse and flush anti freeze from fresh water tank for one more trip.
In the last 15 years, I've never put antifreeze in the fresh water tank. I use an extra fitting and a clear plastic hose on the inlet side of the water pump to draw antifreeze into the lines and though the plumbing.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 10-24-2013, 02:35 AM   #10
donnie_o8

Thanks JRTJH...I think that's exactly what Im gonna do. Also add some pink stuff to all the drains and toilet. I will still use the trailer deeper into the winter but I will be by myself or with a buddie deer hunting and I wont need the water. When the wife goes with me that's a different story....lol A happy wife is a happy life. Thanks again for the help.