Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #41
GACamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
Doug -

On one hand it appears as though you are still asking for input from our members - "What say you all?" - and on the other it seems as though you now made up your mind as what TV you will be getting - ("I think my decision's made, I've appreciated your help.")

Are you looking for more feedback or suggestions for a TV from our members or ????
Read between the lines, much? Yes, I am still welcoming input from the members here. I think it was pretty clear by my post that a rough-draft idea of what I was/am considering was outlined, but as it's also clear, I know very little of what I am doing (an expert I certainly am not). I wanted to ensure to everyone that their input would still be welcome. If you have advise to offer or experience to share with the class, we're all ears. Especially me. I'm doing my best to sponge as much of the knowledge on this forum as possible.
GACamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #42
GACamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerhummer View Post
Hi Doug,
I am a newbie to this keystone forum but not to TTs, I saw a 316BIK at the CG yesterday and asked the owner what his loaded weight was, he indicated 10,800 he had 2 kids the wife himself and the dog. I didn't ask for specifics but wrote the real world weight down. If you look at my sig I too was a fan of the 316BIK and wanted one. I was pretty much sold from the internet however Went to Camping world a few weeks back. After sitting in it, I think the island takes up too much space. I probably could have gotten along with that but for me the Stove in the slide is too low for my liking.
I am now looking at the 311 BHS. Tow Vehicle is a 2006 8.1L burb with 4:10 rear. I think I am just making it with this vehicle. The 316BIK would be a stretch. The good news is in 2014 it was supposed to have gone on a slight diet. I am looking seriously at the 311 and a portable island. Your mileage may vary....BTW I am in the South east not many mountains here but being from Ga you know you can find em if you look in North Ga.
Thanks for the post! This is real-world stuff I'm looking for :-)

As far as TT's go, the offerings on the market are staggering and doing "internet research" on these suckers is not an easy prospect. The more I dig into things the murkier the water becomes. The 316BIK looks like an awesome TT, but I'm seeing more and more things I don't like about the thing. The more I think about it, the more questions. In short, I haven't set my mind on this TT as much as I initially thought, after all. That's a good point about the island and low stove height. Those are things one can not tell from pictures or floor plan layout.

I do think that I've at least got the brands ironed out. Its probably going to come down to either a Keystone or a Forrest River TT. I've got a FR dealer in my home town, and there's another that sells both brands about 70 miles away. The DW, 4 SK's (stinking kids), and RD (retarded daddy - me) will be going to both dealers in December to look them over. Who knows, maybe when there we'll see something that will actually work for all of us that I can safely and effectively tow with our Sequoia, so no trade in will be required? haha. We can only hope, right?

Thanks again!

Doug
Old 10-21-2013, 02:04 PM   #43
GACamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGene7001 View Post
Well, if this is the case, he should take a deep breath, go to canamrv.ca, click Hitch Hints and spend a couple of hours reading. While it will probably not convince Doug to use a Chrysler 300 as a tow vehicle ( and it should not), he will find a lot of good info about towing and matching from a guy who spent decades evaluating and outfitting TV, as well as testing their performance. One of the articles " Towing a triple slide trailer" is very relevant to his situation.
Another $0.02 to the box.
Gene! You're a Sexy-Monkey, Man! Thanks for that website! Looks like I've got some reading to do, huh? haha.

I really do appreciate the effort all you fine folks have put into helping me here! Man, this is a breath of fresh air! - Even with the less than constructive posts haha. :-)