Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2020, 12:55 PM   #1
JBCayman

Outback Ultra Lite | Hanging Barn Door

Hi All,

Happy RV'n!

A little perturbed here. When we bought the new unit, we told the dealer to address the loose rail that was holding the sliding barn door.

We are at our second RV site in Nebraska, and the track has come loose again.

Beings that there are no Keystone repair sites around, has anybody fixed this issue yourself and how easy? I'm not to keen on drilling new holes in the roof with the same screws they used previously, but if its ok to do so, I'll go ahead. It only came with one small bracket on the bottom for sliding support and I believe its a design flaw. I think I'll need to set something else to help prevent from the door from bouncing during travel. I'll attach photos shortly.
JBCayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 03:14 PM   #2
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCayman View Post
Hi All,

Happy RV'n!

A little perturbed here. When we bought the new unit, we told the dealer to address the loose rail that was holding the sliding barn door.

We are at our second RV site in Nebraska, and the track has come loose again.

Beings that there are no Keystone repair sites around, has anybody fixed this issue yourself and how easy? I'm not to keen on drilling new holes in the roof with the same screws they used previously, but if its ok to do so, I'll go ahead. It only came with one small bracket on the bottom for sliding support and I believe its a design flaw. I think I'll need to set something else to help prevent from the door from bouncing during travel. I'll attach photos shortly.

Hey there Tennessee! Go up to the UserCP and click and then go to your signature and put in your camper year/make/model and the same for your tow vehicle. I am sure you will be asked every time you ask a question otherwise. And the pics of your problem barn door hardware would help as I can't image screwing to the ceiling but heck, I ain't a Keystone designer!
Good luck
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 03:27 PM   #3
JBCayman

Howdy-....its already listed in my profile.

2020 Keystone Outback Ultra Lite Toy Hauler 240urs
Ford 150 XLT 2020 3.5 ecoboost...I’ll add to signature as per your suggestion. Thx
JBCayman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outback