Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2020, 01:19 PM   #1
Viet_Vet

Do i have to say goodbye?

Soooooooooo, I have to let everyone know what has happened with us. After we returned in April from our 4 1/2 month trip through the southeast, my wife and I decided with the COVID situation to sell our truck and 5th wheel. We felt that with everything going on - COVID, protests, riots, etc, that we would be better off traveling internationally.

We have both spent many years traveling around the world, and thought it would be the best thing with the current situation. So we sold the truck and 5er as a package and began planning our overseas journey. Two weeks later, they slapped the international travel ban on Americans, at least to the countries we wanted to travel in.

Faced with that, we had to start over again. We bought the Ford F250 and began a search for a smaller Keystone 5th wheel. It's just the two of us, and the size of the Hideout was nice, but was just a tad too big.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find another Keystone, with everything we wanted, in a price range we could afford. I'm a disabled Vietnam veteran on a fixed income, working part time at a truck dealership to supplement our income.

We ended up buying a used Primetime (Forest River) Crusader 27 ft 5er with 3 slides. Since we no longer own a Keystone camper, I am not sure of the etiquette of being on the Keystone forums when I am now a FR owner.

Getting to know some of you here has been a real pleasure. Your feedback and advice has been invaluable to us in our travels, and by leaving I feel like I am losing friends. I want to wish each and everyone of you the best in life, in camping, and on the road. God bless you all.
If you can't fly with the eagles, go peck s**t with the chickens!
Viet_Vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 01:27 PM   #2
tech740

Stick around. I have been a FR owner for 1.5 years now. This is still my go to. I am on the FR forum but they are not near as active or helpful. (seems to be all motor home owners). They are all built with the same parts with a few small exceptions. No need to loose good people over a brand. Thank you for your service.

2019 Ram 3500 6.7 HO, Aisin Trans 3:73
Reese Goosebox
2019 Sandpiper 379FLOK
tech740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 01:31 PM   #3
Northofu1

Why leave? Stay and be a nuisance jk
Most RV product lines cross over anyway.
Whatever you decide, Good luck and happy trails always.

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 01:35 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Stick around Wallace. No need to go anywhere. I think we all consider each other friends and the brand of trailer doesn't make much difference. I'm wishing you well on the new trailer and truck along with fun travels, but, just hang around.....no telling what you might miss!!
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 01:49 PM   #5
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet_Vet View Post
Soooooooooo, I have to let everyone know what has happened with us. After we returned in April from our 4 1/2 month trip through the southeast, my wife and I decided with the COVID situation to sell our truck and 5th wheel. We felt that with everything going on - COVID, protests, riots, etc, that we would be better off traveling internationally.

We have both spent many years traveling around the world, and thought it would be the best thing with the current situation. So we sold the truck and 5er as a package and began planning our overseas journey. Two weeks later, they slapped the international travel ban on Americans, at least to the countries we wanted to travel in.

Faced with that, we had to start over again. We bought the Ford F250 and began a search for a smaller Keystone 5th wheel. It's just the two of us, and the size of the Hideout was nice, but was just a tad too big.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find another Keystone, with everything we wanted, in a price range we could afford. I'm a disabled Vietnam veteran on a fixed income, working part time at a truck dealership to supplement our income.

We ended up buying a used Primetime (Forest River) Crusader 27 ft 5er with 3 slides. Since we no longer own a Keystone camper, I am not sure of the etiquette of being on the Keystone forums when I am now a FR owner.

Getting to know some of you here has been a real pleasure. Your feedback and advice has been invaluable to us in our travels, and by leaving I feel like I am losing friends. I want to wish each and everyone of you the best in life, in camping, and on the road. God bless you all.

There isn't any brand snobbery on this forum and many folks here have owned Forest River products in the past and may own them in the future. Is this forum more helpful to you than the FR owners forum? Then stay. It is certainly a cut above some of the more multi brand forums where a lot of bad information and carping goes on. I traveled constantly in the govt. employ for almost 20 years (mostly to not so great places) so have little desire to travel abroad but the missus may have other ideas. I don't care for the idea of airplane rides until the vaccine comes out. I have read that airliner's filtration systems are all peachy keen but I get a bug every time I am on a plane anyway. Do stick around and know that all RVs are basically made the same with the same jobbers supplying much of what goes into fitting and construction so a question here will probably work as well as anywhere for a travel trailer.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 02:54 PM   #6
Viet_Vet

WOW!!! Thank you all. As I said, I'm not knowledgeable enough about the forums to know what the proper etiquette is.

Nice to know I welcome here.

And yes, this is the most active and helpful forum I have been on. I would say as active as the Tribal War forum is, and definitely more helpful, if there are any former Tribes players out there !?!?!?
Old 09-17-2020, 03:04 PM   #7
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet_Vet View Post
WOW!!! Thank you all. As I said, I'm not knowledgeable enough about the forums to know what the proper etiquette is.

Nice to know I welcome here.

And yes, this is the most active and helpful forum I have been on. I would say as active as the Tribal War forum is, and definitely more helpful, if there are any former Tribes players out there !?!?!?

Tribal War? I have operated in several war zones but not heard of that one. Sounds like Amerinds?
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 04:15 PM   #8
Gary R.

Hello Wallace,

No need to leave the forum, as others have said. No brand wars here for sure.

Have a great time with your new setup!

Take care and stay safe,

Gary
Retired Firefighter/EMT.
Gary R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 04:38 PM   #9
JJaxon

Heck yes, stay here. No reason to bail out just bc you swapped brands.

All RVs are just a bunch of the same components put together in different layouts, add colors, and labels. I belong to this, FR and the Jayco owners forum. This is by far my favorite, but I learn things every day from the others and the issues they have.
Lately there are many new 1st time owners and you may be the guy they need to hear from for you experience.

Don't go anywhere, sit back, relax, and enjoy life, while we still can.
2018 Honda Goldwing DCT Tour
Andersen Ultimate hitch
Youtube channel - Wingin' it with John
JJaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 05:03 PM   #10
dutchmensport

Stick around, your experience is still appreciated. You have much you can offer. I no longer have a travel trailer, but I still frequent the travel trailer forums on various RV sites and share from my past experiences. YOu can do the same here.
Old 09-18-2020, 02:22 AM   #11
notanlines

Wallace, no need to move in the least. We have two RV's, a Mobile Suites and a Forest River. We haven't had a Keystone in years, but I feel the need to keep a couple of these moderators in line. John and Chuckster can be trusted, but the other three or four need constant supervision. I also keep an eye on our Texas members. They are too 'clanish', always sticking together!
Stick around, I could use the help.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 02:43 AM   #12
Pull Toy

Thank you for your service!

Sorry your original travel plans didn't work out for you, but you will always be welcome here. As already mentioned, we're not brand specific. Several members no longer own Keystone's, but the camping lifestyle ,and enthusiasm remain.

Good Luck,

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 04:09 AM   #13
purebred

As a Army vet I know your frustrations with traveling the US and observing the frustrations our country is facing now. But I would never consider giving up the good ole USA to tour foreign countries instead of this one. Been to a lot of other countries and nothing compares to this great country. But I won't put no one down for wanting to do that. To each their own. As far as being on a forum and not having what others have on that particular forum I understand your reluctance. The best rv I have ever owned was an older holiday rambler that I pulled thousands of miles while working in the operating engineers. We looked at many 5th wheels before getting our Alpine. Anyway no need to go anywhere Sir. I'm a newbie here and already feel at home.
purebred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 05:44 AM   #14
CedarCreekWoody

Stick around and speak up. I left FR and came here, but I'm still active on that forum as well.
2019 Ram 2500, 4x4, Cummins diesel
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 05:50 AM   #15
flybouy
Site Team

Hang around with the rest of the deserters like notanlines and pester us "pesky" moderators.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 09:02 AM   #16
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Wallace, no need to move in the least. We have two RV's, a Mobile Suites and a Forest River. We haven't had a Keystone in years, but I feel the need to keep a couple of these moderators in line. John and Chuckster can be trusted, but the other three or four need constant supervision. I also keep an eye on our Texas members. They are too 'clanish', always sticking together!
Stick around, I could use the help.
[ATTACH]29862[/ATTACH

To all others from us Texans!
Thanks wired George!
I've used this several times since you posted it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	not_texas.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	29862  
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 07:15 AM   #17
DeniseJ

I totally agree. You belong to us!!
DeniseJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 07:31 AM   #18
NevadaRich

Stay around, I have a Lance 1181 Truck Camper that I have had since 2006, I sold my Keystone 5th wheel and purchased a Voltage TH 3895, so should I leave, still most RV's use the same parts here and there, so I check in here and also on the Dutchman Forums, anyway Keystone took over Dutchman, so who knows,
NevadaRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 07:54 AM   #19
Viet_Vet

Thank you everyone for making me feel all warm and fuzzy...... [eek]

I appreciate it, and will definitely stick around!
Old 10-01-2020, 08:37 AM   #20
Brantlaker

Smile

Stick around It's just the shell that's Keystone the rest is made by Lippert or someone else.Jut look at my profile at the bottom and you"l see what I dragaround.

2012 Cougar 318SAB
2015 F350 SWD 4X4 3.55 Rear
Brantlaker is offline   Reply With Quote