Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-14-2020, 07:52 AM   #21
purebred

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Back to your fan, is it reversible? When any ceiling fan is run "in reverse" then the air is moved across the ceiling to distribute warm air across the ceiling and down the walls vs blowing the air straight down.
Yes it is reversible, with three speeds also. It won't hit the slides when in. I have to say one thing in its defense. It sure looks good just doesn't blow

Old 09-14-2020, 08:04 AM   #22
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
I'm actually glad to have my fan.. is it the best fan in the world... No

But it does help move the air around... and it's one less thing sitting on the table or in the corner..

^^^^Javi hit the nail on the head.

An RV "ceiling fan" is an RV ceiling fan....not a residential fan with 60" blades suspended 4-5' below the ceiling enabling it to push out hurricane force winds. You know by looking at them that the performance will be reduced simply by the size and mounting location. Then the option is left to the buyer to either buy one or not - lots and lots of trailers don't have them.

Some might say they aren't installed correctly because they should be suspended further from the ceiling. That would be incorrect. If left to swing and dangle driving down our wonderful highways you would find it in the middle of the floor/counter after the first trip - just like many of those suspended lights over the islands.

John was correct in his analysis of where we are with RVs. It's the nature of the beast at this time and anyone that has bought these things for a while knows it, and those about to buy need to do their due diligence to become informed to prevent some of the "it should have been better" conversations - sort of like having to have a consumer protection agency protect us from breaking the glass cover on a stove top...??

As for us, we like our ceiling fan. DW commented on it right before we left the last time that it was a nice improvement over keeping a fan on the end of the island. I had just commented previously that I could barely feel the air from it....but it does move the air, which means a lot in a little box like an RV.

sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 08:30 AM   #23
purebred

I am currently looking for replacement blade attachments to increase the pitch of the fan blades from approx 8 degrees to about 15 degrees. Then maybe it will suffice and i can retire the wally world fans.
Old 09-14-2020, 07:06 PM   #24
ChuckS

The ceiling fan in our 2014 Alpine does a nice job of moving air. Sitting in recliner right now and itís blowing cold air right down on wire and I
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 07:37 AM   #25
purebred

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
The ceiling fan in our 2014 Alpine does a nice job of moving air. Sitting in recliner right now and itís blowing cold air right down on wire and I
I guess good old keystone just don't make em like they used too.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:38 PM   #26
Gary R.

We have one in our Alpine, and we operate it at slow speed, because at high speed it does not move much air.

I think the close distance from the blades to the ceiling has something to do with that.

Everyone take care and stay safe!

Gary
Retired Firefighter/EMT.
Gary R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 11:26 PM   #27
rbrdriver

The one we have in our Alpine is okay. I can feel it anyways

rbrdriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alpine