Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2020, 04:31 PM   #1
B3Dcampers

Anyone own a Avalanche 5th wheel

If so would you purchase it again? If not, why? Can you share your opinion?
B3Dcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 05:39 AM   #2
Ruger

We recently purchased a 2019 313RS 35' we sold our 41' bunkhouse camper as all of our kids are grown and no longer camp with us. We love it so far... It seems to be of nice quality for the price of the camper. I had to make repairs on the trim inside and some of the doors are already over weighing the cheap camper door hinges. The doors are solid particle board doors not your typical hollow core doors. I plan to take some residential door hinges and replace the thin tin rv door hinges to solve the problem. As for the trim it is very common for the factory of all campers to do a rush job on nailing in the trim. I just used my brad nailer and added some nails as needed you may need to turn down the air pressure as you are going thru a foam polyurethane based trim and the nails will shoot right thru the trim if too much pressure. My only other issue is the water tank seems to siphon out the water out of the overflow as we go down the road. So I am looking into installing a shut off valve on the overflow to stop that. The camper tows really nice and I really like the outside finish. The Cabinets are of good quality as well and we really like the layout. Tons of storage! We really like the front window in the bed room. One other small dislike is the front awning does not go out as far as the awning on the slide out. Out last camper's awning went out further I would really have liked it to go out further. Its also really nice to have the factory hitch on the back for the bike rack super easy to put out bikes on securely and then install our flag pole once we get there. I would recommend the camper to anyone wanting a rear living camper with tons of space but in a small package. Which reminds me I do wish the bathroom were 1' bigger. I would even be willing to give up a lil storage in the kit to have just a bit more room in the bath room to move around. So the moral of the story is its not a perfect world we live in and not everybody has the same needs or desires. Be willing to make compromises and you will find a camper that fits most of your needs! Good luck on shopping and beware of all 2020 campers out there right now everybody meaning all manufacturers are pushing campers out faster than they can get parts and deff faster than they can quality check them due to demand! So do a thorough walk thru and make them fix everything before you take delivery!
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 06:04 AM   #3
Javi

Yes... 2020 313 RS
Old 09-03-2020, 03:55 PM   #4
Jacko

We just got a 333MK and with just one problem in 8000 miles across the country, we would buy another.
Jacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 05:04 AM   #5
Scooter62

We've had our 2018 330GR for 2 years and absolutely love it! Would definitely buy another one!
Old 09-08-2020, 06:09 PM   #6
sponge60

We have a 301RE and have been very happy so far. Had a few minor punch list items that were easily taken care of by our dealer. Feel like the Avalanche offers quality at a good price point.

2018 Avalanche 301RE
2018 Chevy 3500 HD
Sandy the Pocket Beagle
sponge60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 05:41 PM   #7
James R Moneypenny

My Avalanche is my 3rd RV and I am generally satisfied with it. All RV's, in my opinion, have bugs, and again, my opinion, is that there is less than ideal quality control. It takes a couple years of travel to work all the bugs out. I was impressed with the heavy duty (14 ply rating) tires. Self leveling was a huge upgrade from before. I will change to a standard 110V residential refrigerator if have to replace the propane/AC Norcold.
James R Moneypenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 01:04 PM   #8
John&Genny

We have a 2017 320RS and still happy with it so far. Sure, it has had a few problems but nothing major. About the most major problem I've had is when the fresh water tank started filling up even though the selector was on "City". It turned out to be a bad check valve in the Shurflo water pump that I replaced.

The MCD shades it came with were junk, and still are. We hope to have all the shades replaced at some point in the future.

I've had to do some minor repairs here and there, all RV's require those in their lifetime. But so does your house
John&Genny is offline   Reply With Quote