Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2011, 06:56 PM   #1
tribalsimba

Laredo 303GT - Comments after Pick Up

One of my front storage doors does not seal as well as I think it should. After alot of rain, a little bit of water got inside; but it may have been when I opened it.

The pantry cupboard between the rear bunk slide and the dinette did not have a hanger rod in it; as pictures of Fall 2011 models indicated. Also, I don't like that the right cupboard door opens and hits the light at 90 degrees open. The left one runs into the bunkroom curtain track too... that one doesn't bug me as much.

The tip up bunk supports on the side walls have exposed unfinished wood on the top; and it's always looked finished in the pics.

The shower curtain track is straight, and I recalled in pictures of other units, it was arched.

We did not get a tall/long neck kitchen faucet as I've seen pictured; but we did get a fixture that has a pull out spray nozzle as part of the main spicket.

We have a SAT prep package, and the pics of earlier ones didn't have this. This is a second port on the back of the unit; and you will have two ports at the main TV consule up front.

We have an antenna amp w/ 12VDC outlet in the bunkroom TV opening, pictures did not show this.

The back outside wall is not flat; appears maybe the glue did not set; and the fiberglass is 'wavy' away from the studs.

The underbelly kevlar is wavy, hanging low in many locations in my opinion.

On the positive, I've read some complaints on this, my outdoor kitchen fridge came with a strap to keep the fridge closed in tow. The straps are secured to the back wall. Oddly though, there is an outlet on the back wall of the camper, toward the rear of the outdoor kitchen. Hard to reach, not sure how it's intended to be used.

Anyone able to comment?
Old 04-29-2011, 07:32 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

There are some members who have expressed their disappointment regarding what was seen or pictured in a brochure or what appeared in their online specs and photos. Their concern was based on "this isn't what we were expecting"....... "it says on your website that" , or "brochure has this and we didn't get it".
The answer most get from Keystone is that the brochures are printed and the online stuff are all prepared in advance of the actual production. I believe that there is a warning - in small print - in the brochure about this.
The problem is that nobody tells the consumer this beforehand. I think both the dealer and Keystone can do a better job of letting their potential customers know IN LARGE PRINT that what appears in the brochures and online may not be up-to-date. This practice is somewhat misleading and deceptive.
A comment about the underbelly material ---- I believe on most units it is 1/4 inch coroplast - a corrugated, plastic material rather than kevlar. If you have kevlar on yours ---- you are one of the lucky ones.
Congratulations on your new TT by the way.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:13 PM   #3
tribalsimba

Kevlar

I'm told the material is like 5% Kevlar or something. It is a cardboard looking plastic.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:25 PM   #4
5forcamping

- the shower curtain track in ours is not straight but curves
- underbelly is a little wavy
- did not get a strap for outdoor fridge. Our fridge was plugged into that outlet on back rear wall. Was not able to remove that tray in fridge that catches the water that dips off the fins & ice that melts in freezer part bcuz door could not open far enough swinging towards rear of trailer, so I took it off & reversed door to swing towards front of trailer.

2011 Laredo 303TG
5forcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:40 AM   #5
rjsurfer

Underbelly Coroplast does sag a bit, impossible to keep it perfectly flat but do keep an eye on it and if it seems to be dropping a bit lower hit it up with your hand to see if it's loaded down with water, not a good thing

The rear figerglass/luam panel is "not" attached or glued flat to the rear aluminum framing it just hangs down and uses the window, vent, fridge door openings etc to sort of keep it in place. It will look a bit wavy that's normal.

Ron W.
rjsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:47 AM   #6
tribalsimba

comments

the strap on the fridge is really nice, I'll get pics so you that don't have it; and request the mod from your dealer.

I cannot find where the outdoor fridge power chord even is, let alone where it plugs into; but its not currently in that outlet. I hope I don't have to de-install the fridge. I will say the camper has been on AC since we brought it home; and the outdoor fridge is not running. I figured there was an on/off switch somwhere; but now things are starting to become more clear.

I think I'm going to try and get radius curtain rod; but I'm not thrilled about leaving holes in the ceiling if I remove what's there, so I'll have to get creative.

I'm not thrilled about the location of the ceiling light in front of the pantry/rear wardrobe. The right door hits the light at 90deg open. I think I'm going to try and rotate this light 90 degrees on it's mount, somehow.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:42 AM   #7
DTJ9610

Our outside fridge was already plugged in when we got it. I unplugged it for the time being while we are not using it. The plug is on the left side wall to the back. tribalsimba, it's possible your plug slipped behind the fridge. You may be able to use a ruler or something to push it out from the right so you can grab it. As for the strap we didn't get one on ours. We go out in 2 weeks so I'll have to give it a good once over once it's all set up.

Previous Trailers
2011 Jayco 17z

Previous Tows
2007 Toyota Sienna
2008 Toyota Tundra DC 5.7L V8 4x4
DTJ9610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:34 PM   #8
tribalsimba

Outdoor Kitchen plug

I found to quick access panels behind the bunk room entertainment center far right drawers; which I'm guessing gives me visibility behind the fridge. So if I can't find the chord anyother way; I'll get in there.

We're going to camp in it in the driveway this weekend, to test everything out before Memorial Day weekend. Don't want problems that weekend. Then after that weekend, it's back to the dealer to address the issues.

Did your rear pantry/wardrobe doors open without hitting the overhead light? That's one thing that bugs me; and after looking at how it mounts, the easiest fix is still going to leave visible wounds in the ceiling.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:11 PM   #9
tribalsimba

Outside Fridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalsimba View Post
I found to quick access panels behind the bunk room entertainment center far right drawers; which I'm guessing gives me visibility behind the fridge. So if I can't find the chord anyother way; I'll get in there.
So, my dealer would have taken care of this; but I'm not taking to them until after Memorial Day weekend, so I decided I'd figure it out. I get the inclination that plugging this fridge in may in fact be a dealer item, so that the unit is a locally (or at least regional), and the dealer is supposed to get it plugged in before delivery. It's not plugged in by the manufacture, so it's not part of the electrical tests ( I guess ).

The panels turned out to be a 'dud' but its an interesting reveal none the less, so I'm sharing.

Also, the power chord for the fridge was in fact buried into the pump housing in the back, and not easily reachable without removing the bracket on the counter closest to the sink. Two easy screws, and the fridge slights right, annd then out.

Also I have included some pics of the straps that were included with ours, that ensure the fridge door stays closed under tow, that I've heard some squabble about here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06932.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	402   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06929.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	403   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06936.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	404   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06943.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	405  
Attached Images

Old 05-16-2011, 08:01 AM   #10
DTJ9610

Some items of note from our 1st trip - which rained alot...

The positives are the camper in general are great for room with a family of 5. Never got in each other's way. The rear TV is a godsend as the kids had theirs and the wife and I had ours. Now for the issues/items of note.

1) love the sofa/bed in the back as the kids are able to sit and chill, however was surprised at just how little clearance there is once it's made into the bed. With the top bunk down the only option is to put your feet there.

2) the fridge drip drain (not sure of the technical term) that leads to the outside tube appears to be coiled to high and the water does drip. Instead the little tray fills and drips into the fridge. I know it isn't clogged as I was able to siphon it out and the tray inside emptied. Think I need to uncoil the tube if I can get to it.

3) the rear stabilizer jack button seems to stick. Not sure if this was due to the rain, however when I pulled them up I walked away and kept hearing this clicking sound. By the time I figured it out the jack was a bit stuck. Had a hard time getting it back down.

4) Trailer brakes had a bit of a burning smell - Need to get that resolved ASAP.

So far that's it. Heat (used)and ac(tested) worked fine, plumbing, electrical, propane no issues.

Previous Trailers
2011 Jayco 17z

Previous Tows
2007 Toyota Sienna
2008 Toyota Tundra DC 5.7L V8 4x4
DTJ9610 is offline   Reply With Quote