Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2016, 03:22 AM   #21
Tbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newman252 View Post
Well we are at Hershey. Got here onMonday around 4:30. Bought 2 day passes for the park at the campground office for Tues & Weds. That gave us a free 3 hr preview Monday night. We took advantage and knocked a chunk of the park out. It's now Tues. we used our "Sweet Start" pass to get in the park an hour earlier than opening time. Wasn't really worth it cause the areas past what we hit the previous day's were closed off. So we got some rides again. There were almost no lines on Monday night so the one hour early access did not really provide much cause there was still no lines. Some rides my kids were the only person on it.
We went to Chocolate World around 4:30 to take a little break cause everyone was getting tired. Wanted to let my kids do the make your own chocolate bar but we had to pay just to go with them. It was almost $16/person. $64 for 4 candy bars? No thanks! We went back hit a few more rides then returned to the campground, made a fire and ate mountain pies and roasted Starburst.
Tomorrow we hit the rest of the park including the water park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is a mountain pie? How do you roast a starburst?
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:26 AM   #22
Newman252

Lol. I think Mountain pie is a regional thing. I have relatives in the Wheeling, WV area that call them Hobo Pies. They are basically pizza sandwiches made with pie irons over a fire. I don't know what they are called in other areas.

Roasted starburst is Starburst the candy you put on a stick or hot dog fork. Put it just above the flames in the fire rotate it every few seconds. Only takes about 20 seconds. It will be hot obviously so I blow on it for a about 30 seconds. It melts the inside but carmelizes the outside. My kids love them.

Newman252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:49 AM   #23
Tbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newman252 View Post
Lol. I think Mountain pie is a regional thing. I have relatives in the Wheeling, WV area that call them Hobo Pies. They are basically pizza sandwiches made with pie irons over a fire. I don't know what they are called in other areas.

Roasted starburst is Starburst the candy you put on a stick or hot dog fork. Put it just above the flames in the fire rotate it every few seconds. Only takes about 20 seconds. It will be hot obviously so I blow on it for a about 30 seconds. It melts the inside but carmelizes the outside. My kids love them.

Never heard of the pies being called that. I now have a name for them. I'm guessing my Gkids will love the starburst thing too. Thanks.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 07:22 AM   #24
Newman252

Old 06-15-2016, 10:51 AM   #25
gearhead

Mountain pie, hobo pie, pie iron? I dunno!

Roasted Starburst with a Kool-Aid. Little buggers will be bouncing off the ceiling. LOL
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 10:13 AM   #26
Newman252

You know this Peeps that are popular for Easter? I have an uncle that likes to roast those over a fire too. Just like a roaster marshmallow but the sugar coating gets carmelized. He loves them but I don't like Peeps roasted or not.