Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2014, 12:32 PM   #1
LovingRV1031

Question GenTran Parallel Kit Problems

Have had great success pairing my Honda 3000IS's for 50 amp using the GenTran Parallel Kit. Runs my 50 amp 5th Wheel just fine! However.....

While camping this weekend there was a power outage at the camp. I had brought My Hondas along for the ride 'just in case'. In my haste to come to the rescue, I had started the generators before I plugged in the parallel wires and I also did not shut down all my appliances in the RV.

When I plugged in to my 50 amp plug, all power came on in the RV, but when my 2nd a/c unit kicked in, it all went out. I thought I had simply tripped the breaker on my parallel kit and reset it to no avail. Luckily, power came back on in the park and we finished weekend just fine.

I have checked the generators and both are operating just fine on their own, no tripped breakers and all lights are green on 'go'. It is only the parallel kit that is no longer putting out power. Keep in mind, the parallel kit has worked fine in the past running our entire set up. I think I was in too big of a hurry to get it all going.

any ideas as to what is going on with the Parallel kit? Is there something internal to be replaced since the breaker doesn't help when re-set?

Thanks for feedback in advance...
Old 08-11-2014, 12:34 PM   #2
LovingRV1031

also, follow up....both generators were in 'econ' mode when trying to power unit..I usually take them off econ mode when pushing both A/C's.