Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2013, 12:39 PM   #1
SlowPoke

Fantastic Fan Installed

Finally got around to doing the swap of my manual vent, to a fantastic fan by the oven/rangetop... this thing is sweet. I don't have the remote options, just have a switch for now. I'll look into putting a thermostat on later if I feel necessary... but the switch will do just fine for now.

Had to fish in 12V from behind the microwave, as there were no 12V steady wires to be found in the ceiling... then fished the control wire down through the chase under the cabinets to the switch you see pictured... Pretty straightforward install...any questions?

By the way, after using the Dicor self leveling for the roof, I LOVE THAT STUFF!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Interior.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	2920   Click image for larger version

Name:	Interior on.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	2921   Click image for larger version

Name:	switch.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	2922   Click image for larger version

Name:	Exterior2.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	2923  

2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab w ith 2013 Keystone Passport 3180RE

SlowPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:43 PM   #2
Bob Landry

I considered installing a switch, but DW is to short to reach the fan, so if I have to crank it open, I might as well turn it on too.. Nice job.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:07 PM   #3
SlowPoke

That's the sweet thing about this one, flip the switch, it raises automatically, turns on the fan, and if it rains shuts the vent and turns off the fan until it's dry again... the DW loves it. I'm waiting on the new trim ring before I put the screws into it though...this ring has a small crimp in it so I called FF cust service to get a new one. Since it's "out of warranty" they are charging me 8 bucks for it but I reckon it's not too bad.

Thanks for the kudos, Bob!

Old 04-27-2013, 03:25 PM   #4
rode2nowhere

looks great, I am impressed.
rode2nowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:57 PM   #5
Festus2
Site Team

Steve -
Well done! I know it may be too late, but have you or did you consider installing a MaxxAir vent cover for the FF? We have two FF and two of the MaxxAir vent covers which eliminates the need for the vent cover to close when it is raining or windy. These covers are great and you can leave the "old" vent cover open all the time. They have a model that is especially designed for FF and the like. Has a louvered back and screened.
In fact, you have to leave the old vent cover open wide for the FF to operate properly.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:01 PM   #6
SlowPoke

Actually Festus2 , I did price 'em when I was at the local RV parts store... I considered it, and the sales guy explained the newer ones can be installed without disturbing the dicor so I held off until a bit later. When I get a few more bucks I'll definitely see about putting two on, one for the FF and one for the bathroom vent as well... That one more importantly if ya know what I mean...LOL Ain't nuthin' like chasing out the family into the rain cuz ya can't run the fart fan when it's raining!!! ROFLMBO!

Thanks for the advice Festus2 and the kudos rode2nowhere!!