Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2013, 03:52 PM   #1
DMK

Slide Rooms in or out during storms?

May seem like a silly question, but what is the right answer here?? Not so worried about water intrusion as much as gusty winds over 60 mph. I question whether the center of gravity changes with slides out on a Raptor 300MP since they are both on the street side of the trailer? Just curious what most folks do...

Had a storm pop up out of nowhere at 2:30 am in the middle of June with 80 mph straight line winds. There was no time to do anything but pray! I was parked next to a power pole and a billboard, those kept us from rolling completely over! The front awning was tore completely off and YES it was rolled up, took the hardware rivets and all right off, but left the rear one untouched! Trailer was totaled by the insurance co, (twisted frame) as they don't do well when they are tipped up on two wheels! Really liked my 300Mp and am looking for a replacement. Wondering if I could have done anything different (other than being somewhere else) to have kept that from happening?? Maybe with those kinds of winds there wasn't anything other than being somewhere else that would have made a difference! It sure was a scary ride!

Well, enough rambling! In or out what say you??

2013 Raptor 300 MP, MORryde 8K IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 940 watt solar system, 630 ah battery bank, Magnum 2000 watt pure sine wave inverter/charger, ME-ARC, ME-AGS, ME-BMK.

2005 Freightliner Century Class S/T, 14L 60 Series Detroit, 10 spd Ultrashift, w/3.73, Trailer Saver TSLB 3 bag hitch.
DMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #2
Dave & SUe

If I have the time I run mine back in.Had a storm here in June that packed 90mph straight winds.We had just back from a two week trip the day before.Had the trailer up on the jack ans the stabilizers down and snug.I ran the slide back in on our 26 RBS Outback.It still slid of the front blocks and bent the jack and stabilizers.Didn't hurt the frame(I'll know tomorrow).we are headed out again.My vote is slid in.
Dave & SUe is offline   Reply With Quote