Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2017, 08:48 AM   #21
concours

An important factor in sewer hose longevity is not to drag it along the ground when packing up and try to keep it out of the sun if practical
Mor/Ryde XFactor and Wet Bolts
1982 BMW R100
concours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 09:52 AM   #22
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Thumbs up

Interesting reading all the comments/techniques used to store our sewer hoses. In my simple mind, if you are going to store these hoses by sliding them in and out of metal (bumpers), vinyl storage containers (rectangular/circular), twisting them into containers, etc. there is going to abnormal wear and tear on the surface of the hose(s). Avoiding this sliding action will definitely extend the life of any of the hoses mentioned in previous posts, by the way, also do not run around the camp sites dragging these hose(s) on the ground in an attempt to dry them out

In a previous post I made available a method of storing these sewer hose(s), can not remember who provided the original post. The idea of using the gutter which contains the sewer hose(s) and then sliding it into the container is genius in my eyes. Here is the process, notice no sliding. Slide out the gutter from the container and position it on the ground to route from rig to the camp site sewer connection, determine number sections required. set up your hose support system if used, Lift sewer hose out of gutter and place on your support system if used. extend hose as required and connect both ends. All done with no dragging and/or sliding. Process is reversed tearing down the campsite again no sliding of the hose surface.

I have been very happy using this process, my hoses show no wear and as stated in my previous post, I have been using these same hose(s) for over four years. My only concern is that this old guy will somehow accidentally stomp on them or leave them at the camp site. I highly recommend this technique, definitely something to consider
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 05:54 AM   #23
cardinal96ss

PARAPTOR, makes tons of sense. I'm going to do it. Thanks.
In your pic is that a ramp leading up to your entrance door?
cardinal96ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 07:15 AM   #24
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinal96ss View Post
PARAPTOR, makes tons of sense. I'm going to do it. Thanks.
In your pic is that a ramp leading up to your entrance door?
Yes, Dog Ramp, excellent one! expandable and think rating is 200-250 pounds Good security sign
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote