Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 02-11-2017, 07:05 PM   #41
Honestbob

We did that trip 2 summers ago with 3 boys! In a 17 ft trailer! The only thing I have to add is that there are a lot of nice dry camping and electric sites between Yellowstone and Cody in the Shoshone National forest- we found a nice secluded site at the Wapiti camping area and it was one of the best nights of my life. Also, the boys loved the Cody Night Rodeo. Beautiful setting and great authentic entertainment. We stayed at fishing bridge and like others have said its a parking lot with full hookups but at least gets you closer to areas within the park. Loved the devils tower KOA.
Old 02-12-2017, 04:44 PM   #42
EVMIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by RK1978 View Post
We haven't been to Yellowstone for 30 years so are planning a Glacier (never been there) to Yellowstone to Mt Rushmore trip for next Aug-Sept. We have reservations for 5 days at Glacier and a week at Fishing Bridge. I agree with those who say 2 days is not long enough. We went for 5 days with our kids and could have stayed longer. Keep your area clean, don't dump rinse water on the ground and be sure everything is secure because bears are not nice neighbors! We used to backpack and had to be extremely cautious about campground sanitation because a backpacking tent is nothing to a bear. Many good suggestions in preceding posts, gave me some ideas for places to see around Mt Rushmore. We've never even been in SD before.
Maybe we'll see you on the road, we are making the same trip about the same time. We're starting in South Mississippi and are doing Custer, Glacier, Yellowstone and Tetons (in that order) starting in mid Aug 17. I expect it to be about a month total and about 5000 miles. We will be mostly dry camping, some with electrical.

Bud
Old 02-13-2017, 11:38 AM   #43
Bob Landry

Check the fire situation in both parks before you go. My last couple of trips have been a bust because of the smoke from "controlled" and uncontrolled burns.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote