Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 12-18-2015, 12:01 AM   #1
Cyncwby

Hensley underbed adapter plate

This is just an FYI for owners of the newer Fords with the factory 5th wheel hitch prep. I was speaking to a guy who was complaining about his Reese hitch that he "had to buy" to fit his new Ford F-350. I told him he didn't have to buy it because Hensley makes an adapter plate that fits the factory underbed hitch system.

He had never heard about Hensley or the adapter plate and was really pizzed because he initially wanted to buy an air bag type hitch and as you might know, the salesman told him only the Reese would work. So like I said this is just an FYI for some of the guys that are contemplating a new ford like me..... Yes, you do have an option

I don't even have the truck yet but I saw this adapter plate on ebay and bought it for $55 .... man what a deal. I think they list for $350 or so but they weigh a very beefy 78 lbs. and the shipping was $75. Still a great deal, here's acouple of pics so those interested will know what to look for.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rv damage 012.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	9821   Click image for larger version

Name:	rv damage 014.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	9822  
Cyncwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 12:44 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Reese and CURT also make adapters to fit the Ford or the RAM factory hitch options. Pricing on the Reese adapter is about $100 less than you listed for the Hensley. They all adapt the factory pucks into a "conventional rail" system.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 09:04 AM   #3
C130

I bought the Hensley adapter and it was outrageous price wise but very well built. I have the TS3 and really like it, makes a big difference towing. Pretty sad but most of the salesman are beyond clueless. I had a similar experience with a sales guy before I bought my F450. He told me the 5th wheel prep consisted of nothing more than pre drilled holes in the bed. We went back and forth then he went to his manager to confirm and came back again and very rudely told me I was wrong and I had noumea what I was talking about. I told him they were both clueless and they should become a little more educated on what they were selling. Either they were both clueless or just lying in an attempt to make a sale. He also told me the King Ranch couldn't be bought with black carpet.