Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2014, 08:07 AM   #1
Gild78

Mountainier Satellite Cable Routing

Good morning,
I'm new to the forum and I wanted to ask if anyone has had issues with the built in Satellite connections on a 2013 Mountaineer not working. I connected my TailGater directly to the reciever and TV and everything works fine, but when I connect to the Coach or Bedroom built in connection, nothing works. Any Idea of routing for these cables?
Thanks for any help.
Gild78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:06 AM   #2
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gild78 View Post
Good morning,
I'm new to the forum and I wanted to ask if anyone has had issues with the built in Satellite connections on a 2013 Mountaineer not working. I connected my TailGater directly to the reciever and TV and everything works fine, but when I connect to the Coach or Bedroom built in connection, nothing works. Any Idea of routing for these cables?
Thanks for any help.
You did not mention if you connected you satellite to the outside connection "satellite" or "cable"/ The satellite connection is usually a single run from the outside to the back of the main TV only. Behind this main TV you will see two coaxial connectors one going outside to sat connection the other one goes to outside cable connection as well as other coaxial connections in the trailer as bedroom and the outside antenna. Simply way to test is connect to outside "sat" and the appropriate connection (sat) behind main TV.

There quite a few posts out there describing this wiring (Use Search to Find others)

to the forum from Western PA
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 05:20 AM   #3
scuba66

Same problem

I have a 2014 3610RL. I have hooked my portable satellite directly to my Bedroom connection in the basement location and I am not able to get the Box to produce a signal on the TV in fact the TV does not even see a input when I go to select the input the TV does not see the Satellite signal. I am going to check to make sure I have continuity make sure the cable does not have a break in it. The TV in the Living room works great but when I hoop the Satellite to the Bedroom I get nothing. Help
scuba66 is offline   Reply With Quote