Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 07:30 PM   #1
Balldome

mount a TV bracket

I have a 2011 293rk laredo TT and would like to mount a tv bracket in the bed room. There is a spot for it but I am a little scared . Any advice?
2000 Chevy Silverado 1500
Old 02-02-2011, 08:20 PM   #2
vjm1639

hoping someone responds! We have a spot in our bedroom also...and a small tv to mount....but not sure how to go about it....
Old 02-02-2011, 09:03 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

If you use the Search feature found on this forum, you will be able to browse through several posts relating to flat screen TV mounts.
Find the blue bar at the top of a page.
Locate the word "Search" and click on it.
A search box with a blank, white box will appear.
Type in "Flat Screen TV" and you should see several posts about this topic.

Hope this helps.
(You might try typing "Flat Screen TV mounts" as well)
Old 04-09-2011, 09:53 PM   #4
Camp

I have the same thing and I mounted a 19" lcd with dvd player on a tilt bracket that I got at Wal-mart. No problem. It is marked on the wall. Measure for size and use your level and stud finder. There is a backer in there.
Old 06-23-2023, 04:26 AM   #5
Twenty4pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp View Post
I have the same thing and I mounted a 19" lcd with dvd player on a tilt bracket that I got at Wal-mart. No problem. It is marked on the wall. Measure for size and use your level and stud finder. There is a backer in there.
Found a hint online somewhere - take a magnet, stronger the better, and drag it along the area where the TV Mount sticker is placed. Somewhere, mine was a good 10" away, the magnet will start to drag or stick. From there, mark out the metallic area with tape and mount the bracket. I used short self-tapping sheet metal screws, which work, but could be better. I might replace the screws with either threaded or plain rivets, not sure yet.
Old 06-23-2023, 06:40 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty4pack View Post
Found a hint online somewhere - take a magnet, stronger the better, and drag it along the area where the TV Mount sticker is placed. Somewhere, mine was a good 10" away, the magnet will start to drag or stick. From there, mark out the metallic area with tape and mount the bracket. I used short self-tapping sheet metal screws, which work, but could be better. I might replace the screws with either threaded or plain rivets, not sure yet.
First, welcome to the forum, happy to have you join us.

That said, you posted to a thread that is 12 years old and the member you responded to was last active on the forum on 05-09-2011 12:54 AM.

I'm unsure of what brand RV you might have or what previous experience you have with RV's, but typically Keystone uses either plywood or aluminum "backer plates" in all their trailers to reinforce the space behind the TV mount area.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 06-23-2023, 10:09 AM   #7
Twenty4pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
First, welcome to the forum, happy to have you join us.

That said, you posted to a thread that is 12 years old and the member you responded to was last active on the forum on 05-09-2011 12:54 AM.

I'm unsure of what brand RV you might have or what previous experience you have with RV's, but typically Keystone uses either plywood or aluminum "backer plates" in all their trailers to reinforce the space behind the TV mount area.
Thank you for the greeting, not so much for your inappropriate criticism to my first post.

You apparently inferred that I'm inexperienced because I haven't posted before and replied to an old thread. You are wrong. I've been towing a travel trailer for over ten years, now on the second trailer. I responded because I figured that my experience with the TV mount backing might help others.

- The backer plate in my trailer is ferrous, thick enough for a magnet to be attracted. The information I posted was from personal experience.
Old 06-23-2023, 10:29 AM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty4pack View Post
Thank you for the greeting, not so much for your inappropriate criticism to my first post.

You apparently inferred that I'm inexperienced because I haven't posted before and replied to an old thread. You are wrong. I've been towing a travel trailer for over ten years, now on the second trailer. I responded because I figured that my experience with the TV mount backing might help others.

- The backer plate in my trailer is ferrous, thick enough for a magnet to be attracted. The information I posted was from personal experience.
No, as the forum administrator, I informed you (in a nice way) that the thread to which you posted has been DEAD for over 12 years. I've no idea how much experience you have, but I can assure you that in the past 10+ years, Keystone has not used any "magnet attracting backing plates" in their trailer lines. Since this is a Keystone website, typically the components unique to a different brand are not always used by Keystone.

Again, welcome to the forum and your "criticism has been noted"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 06-23-2023, 12:21 PM   #9
Twenty4pack

Quote:
No, as the forum administrator, I informed you (in a nice way) that the thread to which you posted has been DEAD for over 12 years. I've no idea how much experience you have, but I can assure you that in the past 10+ years, Keystone has not used any "magnet attracting backing plates" in their trailer lines. Since this is a Keystone website, typically the components unique to a different brand are not always used by Keystone.

Quote:

Hate continuing the point, but I don't appreciate being called a liar, so have to respectfully argue that your statement "Keystone has not used any "magnet attracting backing plates" in their trailer lines." is incorrect. At least when it comes to my 2023 Keystone 260RBS.

- Will somebody out there verify (or not) whether a metallic plate is on the wall near a secondary TV Mounting spot/sticker? If it exists, any magnet should be effective in locating the area.

I don't know if you work for Keystone, but if you do, you might want to check the manufacturing floor and reverify the facts. If you don't work for Keystone then there's a chance that the experience you gained over your 10+ years with them could have become outdated. Maybe the plate is there for another reason, but it is there. I know this because after punching dozens of < .5mm holes in a 6" area around and through the TV Mount sticker, I found nothing strong enough to support a TV bracket.
- So -
Fact: In the bedroom area, street side of my Keystone 2023 260RBS built in May of this year, there is a ~10" x ~15" area that will attract a magnet. The ferrous metallic panel is about 15" to the right and 6" below the ceiling, low and well to the right of the TV Mount sticker.
Old 06-23-2023, 03:35 PM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

No further response necessary. Thread closed.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Closed Thread