Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
mtwright

Fuzion satellite problem

How do get satellite to my tvs in my Fuzion? I have a satellite and cable port on the outside. I have one receiver but typically (in my old camper) ran all tvs on one receiver on the same channel. When I hook up to the satellite port on the outside of the unit, I connect a coax from the satellite wallplate to the receiver satellite in port...then i ran a cable from the out to tv port back to the cable port. I can see the satellite start up screen but the signal won't come through.
then i tried running the cable through the window and directly into the reciever then back to the wallplate and it works. Why won't it work from the outside as intended?
mtwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:12 PM   #2
ctpd814

I am not sure what year or model you have but this is what I found when trying to set mine up.

My unit has a connection in the front closet. This connection says "satellite" at the top and has the power booster for the antenna on the bottom. You can not use this connection. I removed this from the wall and found that there is no coax to the "satellite" portion. This is the power booster and distribution center for the antenna feeds to all tv hook-ups.

The only place that I found that "satellite" coax hooks up is behind the tv in the main living area. There should be 2 coax hook-ups. The tv should be hooked to one. This is the antenna hook up. The other is for the satellite (mine was not labeled).

The way I run mine for now is:

I hooked the satellite port to the satellite in on the back of the receiver.
I hook the out to the tv in the main area when watching this tv.
When watching other tvs I hook the out to the antenna port.(You have to make sure the booster is off). The signal will be sent to all the other tvs that are hooked to the antenna.

I have a 2 tv receiver that I will be hooking up. This will allow you to watch one program on the main tv and a second on the others and no switching of cables.

Sorry it is lengthy and .
2 Wieners Maddie and Mollie
ctpd814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:25 AM   #3
MarkS

Hi mtwright,

There are a couple of things that can trip you up when trying to use satellite.

Keystone uses either no labeling or misleading labeling of the coaxes. If you are able, it is worthwhile to trace and make a sketch of the coax connections in your trailer.

The Winegard antenna system supplies power to the booster in the antenna through the coax. Some dish/receivers supply power to the dish over the coax. Like the Tailgater. These two power systems don't play well together. Bottom line, if you have the Winegard plate between the dish and the receiver, you will probably have problems.

There is usually a plate in the trailer that looks like a loop of coax. One side of the loop goes to the outside connector. The other goes to the Winegard plate. If you can put your receiver there, it will probably work. Just replace the loop with your receiver. You will have to figure out which coax connector goes to the outside connector. And which goes to the Winegard plate. On my trailer, the loop is in the bedroom, which is not very convenient.

Some trailers have two connectors on the outside. One is marked Satellite. That one goes directly to the entertainment center. This is the one you want for your dish. The other is usually unmarked and goes to the loop and Winegard plate. This is the one you want for Cable.

Keystone uses inexpensive coax splitters in their trailers. Some members have reported that they had to replace the splitters with hi frequency splitters to make their satellite work. The splitters are usually stuffed in the wall behind coax plates.

Finally, the Keystone installers don't always make the coax connectors very well. You may need to remove each coax plate and check to make sure the connector is screwed on tight and made up well.

Welcome and good luck.

Mark S.
2014 Cougar 318SAB
2015 Silverado 3500HD 6.6L Diesel 4WD CC SB
18K Pullright Hitch
MarkS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:12 AM   #4
mtwright

Thanks guys for the reply. I'll try that. I have a 2013 Fuzion 342 as well. I was trying to use the wall plate in the closet so I'll try the living area one. I appreciate the help.
mtwright is offline   Reply With Quote