Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2020, 09:31 AM   #41
66joej

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walnuts View Post
I'm with you, haven't been on facebook for >12 years.
Never was on Facebook but bought shares when they went public. Did make some good money when I sold them.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:31 AM   #42
flashg21230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisties View Post
Got 30-days timeout on Facebook for discussing the cost of a full hookup at a campground. You can't make this up. I appealed and got back on, but really. SMH.
I didn’t know fb has a policy about talking prices. I know certain groups or forums do.
flashg21230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:35 AM   #43
WDPatterson

That choice of words ?? 🤔
"Hookup??" 🤪😜😁

Facebook censors have no sense of humor.
WDPatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:36 AM   #44
CampingRooster

Originally Posted by notanlines
"Twisties, do you think that maybe you might have been better off WITHOUT Facebook?"

I gave it up years ago. Too much time wasted viewing pictures of every body's meal, what their dog is doing, political rhetoric and family feuds because of them. I'd rather spend my time making plans to camp and working on my trailer.
CampingRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 09:56 AM   #45
CaptnJohn

I had a FB account or a few days. It ended when I saw how long and how descriptive a lady I did not know could describe her grandmother farting!

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 10:08 AM   #46
flrtrader

Trashing FB really? That is kid of like its the Gun not the user/owner
flrtrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 10:10 AM   #47
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDPatterson View Post
That choice of words ?? 🤔
"Hookup??" 🤪😜😁

Facebook censors have no sense of humor.
I think the FB sensors are former TSA workers that were found to be too serious for the job.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 11:36 AM   #48
McRod

If it's "Free" on the internet, then YOU are the product or service.
McRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 12:16 PM   #49
Nitehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Speaking of being at the cardiologist's office, one of the most prevalent causes of cardiac disease/hypertension is stress. Sitting in the waiting room, unable to "stop texting, stop reaching out to others, stop expecting a response, stop waiting for that immediate return answer, stop focusing on what to do next, stop being "in the moment and on top of it all"..... Hyper-stressful....

I'd wager that 50% of those sitting in the waiting room, unable to "sit without staying connected" or better put, unable to unwind, are, for that 50%, the major factor as to why they are at the cardiologist's office rather than somewhere else.

Many studies have concluded that "constant connection", social media, cell phones and inability to let go are just as addictive as cocaine, alcohol or even "prescription drugs indiscriminately prescribed"....

When someone can't make it the 15 miles to town and walk into WalMart without picking up their phone to "check to see if someone might have sent them something".... (it doesn't matter who, or what they might send, but when someone can't walk away, that's my point)…..

There's not a hill of beans difference between Facebook, Smart Phone, Twitter or now, going camping with In-command as an excuse to keep the phone in my pocket so I can close the awning...… ADDICTIVE LIFESTYLE !!!!!
Yeah I just can put down my phone hoping someone would post something lime this on this forum.... I just get wound up in all the info we pass around and don't want to miss out
But I am the guy who frowns on facebook. Leads to a lot of divorces and misconceptions
Nitehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 01:45 PM   #50
Roscommon48

twisties, I'd have loved to have seen what your comment was. I suspect it was much more than just the pricing of a site.

but facebook is a powerhouse out there.
Roscommon48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 01:53 PM   #51
Bob R

Facebook is becoming the Google of targeted ads. My late son worked for a company that did nothing but Facebook Advertising, and the company did very well while doing it. The global presence of Facebook allows them to search out clients around the world and to consummate deals all electronically. The biggest issue with Facebook, Yelp, Google and the ilk is many more angry people post reviews than happy people. Something like a lot of forums. If all I did was read forums and base my decision on what people write I would have never bought an RV because for the most part they are steaming piles of dung, if you believe what you read. I would like to see people be required to find something good to post about for every complaint they posted about, maybe not the same item or circumstance but there must be some good in their lives' somewhere.

bob
Old 02-06-2020, 02:06 PM   #52
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob R View Post
Facebook is becoming the Google of targeted ads. My late son worked for a company that did nothing but Facebook Advertising, and the company did very well while doing it. The global presence of Facebook allows them to search out clients around the world and to consummate deals all electronically. The biggest issue with Facebook, Yelp, Google and the ilk is many more angry people post reviews than happy people. Something like a lot of forums. If all I did was read forums and base my decision on what people write I would have never bought an RV because for the most part they are steaming piles of dung, if you believe what you read. I would like to see people be required to find something good to post about for every complaint they posted about, maybe not the same item or circumstance but there must be some good in their lives' somewhere.

bob

^^^Amen Bob.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 02:46 PM   #53
Northern Lights

Anywhere south of Oklahoma it's "say la vee."

QUOTE=jsb5717;375623]It's actually c'est la vie.

Sorry, couldn't resist [/QUOTE]
Northern Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 02:59 PM   #54
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post
Anywhere south of Oklahoma it's "say la vee."

QUOTE=jsb5717;375623]It's actually c'est la vie.

Sorry, couldn't resist
[/QUOTE]

In Oklahoma it's "say whaaat?".
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 11:39 AM   #55
skmct

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Twisties, do you think that maybe you might have been better off WITHOUT Facebook? I could write for 15 minutes belittling users and the whole concept of Facebook, but I would then feel the heavy wrath of those who believe that the masses actually are interested in what time their reservations are at La Posh Bistro and what they are going to order.
Yes, I know I'm just too old. I'm so old that I still make phone calls to people.
Okay, I can take it....
OMG!!!!! I must be enchant I stop a talk to people face to face before I would call them . My grandchildren think I am crazy why would you stop a talk to someone call or text them is what they tell me.
2014 Montana HC 318 RE
B&W Turn over with companion
skmct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 06:06 AM   #56
Gumby52

Ha! had to smile when I started reading this thread, that quickly changed....
I signed up for a FB account in 2010 at the request of my oldest daughter so I could keep up with the grand kids as the grow up. I think I opened it a couple of times and maybe posted something twice. Really didn't interest me, I talk to people I want to talk to, etc, etc, etc.

After reading this thread I thought I would just go ahead and close the FB account since I haven't even opened it since 2010 - something I've been meaning to do for the longest time.

Well, needless to say FB wanted to go through a bunch of security checks to make sure I am me. I could've told them I am, but who am I to argue with the great Zuckerberg? The final straw was they wanted me to upload a verified picture id like a license or passport or a credit card. Really? Upload my license to FB? Upload a credit card? Is FB now based in Nigeria or something? Like I always tell my son - I was born at night, not last night.

Guess my FB account will just remain locked for all eternity...

Gary & Judy
and of course the 2 shelties
2018 Cougar Half-Ton 22RBS
2017 F-250 6.2L
Gumby52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 06:19 AM   #57
Northofu1

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Marshall, "honking geese overhead," we all hope they are headed back to Canada. Darned things around here won't leave. States are starting to boost the daily limit to close to the same as snow geese.
Ummm what makes you think those Geese are Canadian?
Are they marked or have Canadian passports, they spend just as much time South of the border as they do North of.
I'm pretty sure we're not too fond of them either, their crap is everywhere.

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote