Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2020, 08:28 AM   #23
goodellj

I agree with almost everything said here about making a maximum effort to maintain your tires properly and also that China is not to blame for tire failures. I have 4-year-old G-rated Gladiators that have been great and it turns out they were made in China!
BUT.... They replaced the E-rated tires that came on my 5th wheel. I struggled with tires and these were my third replacement set! The previous tires were all E-rated, like the trailer came with, and I guess they were just too light for the trailer and the miles I was doing. Someone finally advised me that a heavier rated tire would be more appropriate and they were right. My trailer was close to maximum weight fully loaded and supposedly still within spec for the tires, but I guess too close and not enough 'reserve' weight capacity.
6.7L V-8 diesel, 6-sp automatic, 3.55 axle ratio
goodellj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires