Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2013, 03:34 PM   #21
geo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanTC View Post
We play Washoes... similar to the beanbag game, but using large washers instead.
No rope between our game boards (as the link below shows)... we sure don't want anyone to trip & fall - especially those who drink adult beverages.

http://www.vu.union.edu/~brownm2/downloads/washoes.html

Yooohooo Festus... how's THAT for changing the subject? I think this thread is still family friendly... at least none of our long-time members mentioned olive oil.

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
Terri -
That snowstorm moved up north, so JRTJH might not be able to login. But I'm sure there's a use for Olive Oil here. You know, the Oil would probably enrich and protect the wood game board. At least that's what I'll claim!

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:01 PM   #22
SAD
Permanent User Ban

FARKLE -> http://www.elversonpuzzle.com/farkle.html

SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:37 PM   #23
azlee56

Lol geo, those corn hole boards are slick enough as is! Festus, I didn't write the article lol.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:24 PM   #24
DJ85

I'm sure that coat of olive oil would make the corn bags slide across the surface too easy and keep things from sticking. couldn't help it it's just to funny

On the lighter side we play farkle alot. Me and my wife play all weekend and see who wins the most games and the loser has to do what the winners wants. Funny when my wife wins she gets what she wants, but when I win I never get what I WANT. I might have to do with what I want? Nah I pretty sure thats not the problem!!!!!

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy
Dave and Julie

2008 F-250 6.4L 4x4
2012 Cougar RES 327
2000 Jayco 264 Bunkhouse
1995 Starcraft pop-up
DJ85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:09 PM   #25
pedalsteelpicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ85 View Post
Just remember that good old Waylon Jennings Song. Wish Coke was still cola and a joint was just a bad place to be Wish a Ford and Chev would last 10 years like they should. All I got to ask is!!!! Does everything have to change????????????????
actually is was Merle Haggard that had this tune (sorry)
Old 02-28-2013, 10:04 PM   #26
KanTC

About the 2:00 minute mark

Our forum members are proof that there's still "good times"... camping with family & friends, and traveling
far & near while towing an RV. That's GOOD times!!

And silly discussion about camping games sure helps ward off cabin fever too, huh?

PS Geo, I'm not gonna say nuttin'... we'll BOTH end up in the 'time-out corner'!

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:43 PM   #27
JRTJH
Site Team

YOOOO HOOOOOO, after finding places to stack another 6" of that white stuff. any kind of game played on a warm sunny afternoon would be nice no matter what you care to call it... as for drinking, well, with the snow that's supposed to fall tonight I don't want a hangover or even a headache when I try to find another "storage spot" for more of it.....

Geo and KanTC.... I tried to pour some olive oil, but the stuff is so cold it won't come out of the bottle

OK, off to sleep, the tractor is cooling down and the furnace is hopefully going to keep up LOL

Night all

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:05 AM   #28
SAABDOCTOR

gee John sorry to hear about more white stuff! my tractor is napping nicely temp almost hit 40.I'm sorry ain't no way i am wastin olive oil on a pice of wood! that goes into a nice dish of pasta with garlic and oil and sauted egg plant also the rules of marrage... if she wins you do what she wants. you win you do what she wants or you really loose
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #29
JRTJH
Site Team

Well stated, Barney. That's been the rules around our house for almost 45 years... The other 2 were my painful years while I learned the "final rule" <sigh>

It's up to 22 today, so we're getting a "heat wave" too.... Fortunately no new "white glory" for the next 24 hours or so. At least that's what they say, but with the winds out of the northwest, lake affect snow is alway a good probability..... So far today, I'm thinking I should have had some of that "liquid refreshment" last night. I've had time to recover from the headache....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 03-01-2013, 12:42 PM   #30
tomsws6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
Crash -
I am guessing that you must be far younger than me am since the descriptor of that game meant something totally different "way back when".

Based on its ancient meaning, I would never, ever play such a game! Drink, for sure but I think I'll just watch you young folks play "that" game. Or perhaps the "game" is not really suitable for public viewing....Can I take a peek?

LMAO!!! I think we all thought the same thing! Actually once I got over the name and the definition I thought it was a real stupid game... "Im 30 yrs old, I dont play games like that anymore.." Well after our first camping trip I was hooked cause its alot harder than what you think.. Anyway its a big deal were we go.. We always have tournements that last into the the late night and usually involves most of the camp ground! We usually have 4 or 5 sets set up and have big portable lights when it gets dark. Oh and lots, lots, lots and lots of grown up drinks!!! Its a blast!
Old 03-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #31
JRTJH
Site Team

LOL That "corn thing game " (I still can't bring myself to use that name in public) seems to be, more or less, a "OSHA approved" game of horseshoes. From what I can see, it's pretty much the same skill set, but if a drunk (OOPS, imbiber of adult beverages) happens to walk between the "stakes" they probably won't wind up in the hospital. Try that with a 2 lb horseshoe flying through the air.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 03-01-2013, 01:20 PM   #32
Puck_Nutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
This year, try making a Montreal Canadians' board. It will be less prone to warpage but, because they are such fast skaters, they are not easy targets to hit so you might not score as high as with your Boston board. A bit more challenging for you but far more exciting to play as Montreal is not easily scored upon (this year so far).

Great Idea... only instead of Cornhole Boards, we'll have to call them Diving Boards. Whenever someone gets a shot in the vicinity the boards will topple over and pretend to be broken. I was thinking about theming them after Carey Price, but I'd have to cut too many holes in them.

I was going to take a couple of shots here at PK Subban, but honestly, I'd love to see him in Black and Gold. I just hate him as a Hab.
Former Trailer - 2007 Rockwood Roo 23SS
Puck_Nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #33
hankpage
Site Team

I have honestly tried my best to be good and stay away from this thread, BUT, with all this talk about "Corn Holes" and "Farkles" and then some "EVOO" thrown in .... Here I am.
As others have said I was first turned off by the name but do enjoy the Corn Hole game and the beverages that go very well with it.
I have never been Farkled (to my knowledge) and I don't think I want to be in the future, so I will not pass judgment on that one and will save the olive oil for my salad.
I know that my posting made Festus2 nervous but I think I controlled myself. Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:14 PM   #34
azlee56

As long as I can take the punishment, it is kind of fun to make Festus nervous...but never disgraced!

I'm bad, but never mean harm. You did well hankpage. I have to look up a couple of the other games to see if they interest me. My favorite is the left, right center game.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #35
Festus2
Site Team

azlee and gang -

You guys are all heart and I am humbled to learn that no one is out to disgrace me. I feel soooooo much better now. This thread has been very enlightening. I've been told that learning is a lifelong process.

Puck Nutz - Ouch !!!! You really know how to hurt a guy. I'm at a loss for words but your turn will come.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #36
wbatto

Check your tip-outs for corn hole bags!

All this corn hole talk reminds me of what happened to a frend of mine. He said he couldn't find one of the bags for his corn hole game at the end of summer last year and figured one of his kids lost it. Summer came to a close and he winterized his camper. When he closed up his tip-outs he didn't look on top of them as his camping lot was in the middle of a field. Later in early March he decided to go Trout Fishing and stay in his camper. He said there was a four foot icicle hanging from his tip-out inside the camper and the carpet was all soaked. Upon inspection of his tip-out he found the missing corn hole bag between the tip-out seal and the camper. It took two weeks too dry it out.......... Moral of the story, always check the tip-outs roofs before closing.
wbatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #37
davidcyndi

I have a custom set from http://customcorntoss.com/
My boards have the Texas flag on them and custom corn toss embroidered my bags with my name on them for free. Was pretty cool. They are really heavy though like 75lbs so haven't taken them on a trip yet. Plus 4 bikes in the bed kind of takes up all the room plus a cooler.

"AUTISM IS NOT A TRAGEDY. IGNORANCE IS THE TRAGEDY."

https://i.imgur.com/3IyXHzt.png
davidcyndi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:41 AM   #38
Badboy

I always have my game with us
Old 03-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #39
hankaye

Howdy All;

Any of you 'Joisey' or Eastern Pa. folks ever play Quoits ???

http://www.usqa.org/rules/rules.htm

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:27 AM   #40
jsmith948

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankaye View Post
Howdy All;

Any of you 'Joisey' or Eastern Pa. folks ever play Quoits ???

http://www.usqa.org/rules/rules.htm

hankaye
Yes, played quoits when we were in grade school back in NW N.J.
Kind of a safe version of horseshoes. Boards were at an angle and we threw hard rubber 'doughnuts'. Many, many years ago!

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote