Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2013, 02:36 PM   #21
Cougarfamily

Quote:
Originally Posted by E597283 View Post
I love our 2011 2910bh and with 4 kids its great. One thing to check is the outside black tank flush. I used mine twice and both times it flooded my bathroom floor. Sounds like it would be a great tool to have but I haven't used it or had it fixed yet.
I have no idea how yours is setup, or how you are doing it, but our Cougar has a sticker that says that the black tank's drain valve must be opened to drain while you are flushing it. And I can't remember if I read it in the manual, or if the dealership employee doing the PDI told me, that if you don't, it will back up into the camper, and that warranty will not cover any damages. Like I said, I don't know if this is the problem in your case, but I just thought that I would put it out there.

2005 F-250 PSD 4X4 SWB
2012 Cougar 328QBS
B&W Companion hitch
Cougarfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:35 AM   #22
mikey98e

When we did our PDI. The tech made sure to tell me (twice) to open the black tank drain, leave it open and run the flush while closing the awining, packing up, etc.
-mike
mikey98e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:38 AM   #23
E597283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfamily View Post
I have no idea how yours is setup, or how you are doing it, but our Cougar has a sticker that says that the black tank's drain valve must be opened to drain while you are flushing it. And I can't remember if I read it in the manual, or if the dealership employee doing the PDI told me, that if you don't, it will back up into the camper, and that warranty will not cover any damages. Like I said, I don't know if this is the problem in your case, but I just thought that I would put it out there.
I opened the drain valve both times I attempted to use the black tank flush. I usually just use a wand down the toilet from inside the RV. Not sure what the issue is…it sounded like it would make cleaning out easier.

2011 Keystone Passport 2910BH Ltd. Edition

2007 Yukon XL Denali, 6.2 liter
E597283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #24
Larry Grimes

New trailer.

Congrads to you. I own 2013 2650BH . We like it very much. our last RV was a 40 ft monaco pusher.the trasition was not bad.
Larry Grimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:20 AM   #25
rhminva

Congrats on the new trailer. We bought our 2013 2910BH Last May. We have not had any major issues. With four boys we had a great time last summer and are looking forward to another year!
Old 04-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #26
08quadram

I've got the 2920Bh GT and love it............although I haven't been able to get out and use it. Kids sleep in it sitting next to the garage.

I noticed that the labeling for the black and grey water tanks was reversed. I peeled off the label, moved it so it is correct. I also painted the grey water tank valve gray.
1-wife / 1-dog / 2-kids
08quadram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:35 AM   #27
Mij

I own a 3050BH and have had great luck with it. It took me a bit to learn the limitations of the power stability jacks but my own doing...
Old 07-08-2013, 10:01 AM   #28
Patrickj65

Passport 2910

We are going on our 4th year with our Passport 2910BH and still love it. We average around 18 to 21 nights a year and have had really no major problems that were not self created. We just got back from an 8 day trip to the black hills.
Just passing on a lesson learned the hard way, when hooked up to a full hookup site( electric, water and sewer) make sure to keep the gray water valve OPEN all of the time. it will flood the camper if left closed.

Also on the black water flush, after draining the black tank, i generally close the valve while flushing for 30 seconds to a minute and then re-open the valve. The added volume tends to clean out the tank a little better.

This camper is perfect for myself, Wife and 3 kids. Plenty of room and you will not regret getting it.

Patrick
Patrickj65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:26 PM   #29
jjr

Talking

We purchased a 2012 2910BH earlier this year and absolutely love it. We had a Passport Hybrid prior to buying this one and have found our camping experience to be much more enjoyable with this camper. We have been out in it several time already and have made it our second home away from home. No problems what so ever.
I have made several useful and easy mods to this trailer. 1st - I removed the plywood paneling from the storage side of the master bed and replaced it with a piece of fabric stapled to the top. This makes easy access to the storage area under the bed and we keep two laundry baskets here. Be sure to add some reinforcement to the top piece of wood so when you sit on the edge of the bed you don't break it and end up in the laundry basket. 2nd - The jack knife sofa has a whole lot of wasted space under it. I simply pulled the staples going up the sides of the fabric hiding the space under the sofa. Now we keep three rubbermaid containers full of towels, blankets, paper towels, ect. under it. The kids also like to use it as a fort when the weather is bad and we are hunkered down inside the camper.
I have never had a problem with the grey water backing up into the camper when hooked to city water. I was always told to never leave any of your valves open when at a full hook up site. If one of your traps drys out you could be putting yourself in a smelly situation as gas from the sewer will flow freely into your camper. My suggestion is to wait until your tanks are full and then dump. This has always worked for us. To each his own.
Welcome to the club.
Happy camping and good luck with your new camper
jjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:11 AM   #30
Patrickj65

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjr View Post
We purchased a 2012 2910BH earlier this year and absolutely love it. We had a Passport Hybrid prior to buying this one and have found our camping experience to be much more enjoyable with this camper. We have been out in it several time already and have made it our second home away from home. No problems what so ever.
I have made several useful and easy mods to this trailer. 1st - I removed the plywood paneling from the storage side of the master bed and replaced it with a piece of fabric stapled to the top. This makes easy access to the storage area under the bed and we keep two laundry baskets here. Be sure to add some reinforcement to the top piece of wood so when you sit on the edge of the bed you don't break it and end up in the laundry basket. 2nd - The jack knife sofa has a whole lot of wasted space under it. I simply pulled the staples going up the sides of the fabric hiding the space under the sofa. Now we keep three rubbermaid containers full of towels, blankets, paper towels, ect. under it. The kids also like to use it as a fort when the weather is bad and we are hunkered down inside the camper.
I have never had a problem with the grey water backing up into the camper when hooked to city water. I was always told to never leave any of your valves open when at a full hook up site. If one of your traps drys out you could be putting yourself in a smelly situation as gas from the sewer will flow freely into your camper. My suggestion is to wait until your tanks are full and then dump. This has always worked for us. To each his own.
Welcome to the club.
Happy camping and good luck with your new camper
I used to agree about leaving the valves closed while on full hookup until one of the kids forgot to turn the water off when they used the sink in the middle of the night. Nice mess to wake up to. For the Black i still keep that closed until i need to dump.

Patrick
Patrickj65 is offline   Reply With Quote