Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2012, 03:31 AM   #1
rrohrer

looking for nice campground for n.e. coast beaches

looking ahead to vacation in summer 2013. Live in pa and looking for campground close to beach. looking at frontierland near oc, md or castaways. also anything in jersey(near rt 9?). saw a place in jersey called ocean view campground resort. that looked pretty nice. Anyone have any input-good experiences. thanks
Old 12-13-2012, 05:25 AM   #2
Laredo60

We have stayed at ocean view campground for 32 years. Still the nicest campground we have ever stayed in. We like it because it's so close to the beach. Only 3miles away.all sites have full hook ups. Nice pool and lake as well. They keep updating every year, so its always fun to see what they have done new every time we go.very clean place. Lots of fun things for kids to do as well. We took my granddaughter there this year and she makes the 4th generation to go there in our family.if you want more info about it PM me and I will get back to you. We have also stayed at frontier land in ocean city as well.
Laredo60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:45 AM   #3
rrohrer

thanks for the info. I had been set on frontierland, but ocean view looked really nice to me. It's nice to hear some firsthand experience.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:40 AM   #4
inspecterbake

DELAWARE SEAHORE STATE PARK about 12 miles north OC MD nice campground good fishing.
inspecterbake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #5
hankpage
Site Team

We have stayed at Frontier Town many years ago and at that time it was very clean and a great place for family camping. I don't know about Md. but in NJ even though crews are working round the clock, beach access is limited. In many areas what businesses are left are still digging out from Sandy and may not be ready by summer. Call ahead before you book a site. For the sake of our economy I hope I'm wrong, but here in Ocean county it will be a few years before things can get even close to normal. Sorry to be so gloomy but I don't want your family to be disappointed with their vacation. Google the beach towns near whatever campground you decide on for "Sandy damage" and look for recent results just to play it safe. Good luck and enjoy family camping, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #6
Corbin1357

We love Ocean View! We are going down for most of July in 2013. I've heard that they did OK with Sandy, and just some trees down. Call sooner then later they book fast!

2005 Ford F150 Fx4 Supercab 5.4L
2012 Keystone Bullet 246RBS
Corbin1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:39 PM   #7
cathcartww

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
..... NJ even though crews are working round the clock, beach access is limited. In many areas what businesses are left are still digging out from Sandy and may not be ready by summer. Call ahead before you book a site. For the sake of our economy I hope I'm wrong, .......
Cape May County (Ocean City south to Cape May Point) is in good shape. The nice wide beaches and dune system keep the ocean where it belongs

Ocean View is very nice, but there are lots of others to. Check out this website:

http://www.jerseycapecamping.com/

It all depends on what you like to do - there is something for everybody here in Cape May County!

2014 Forest River Wildcat 272RLX Fifth Wheel
2018 F-250 4x4 Crew Cab 6.2L Gasser
cathcartww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:23 PM   #8
mhs4771

We've stayed at Frontier Town, not bad, mostly wooded sites on dirt or grass. Looked at Castaways, was originally called "Eagles Nest" was a dump them, but now is a quite upscale place with prices to match. It even has a High Roller fenced in section with it's own pool. Frontier Town’s sister CG Fort Whaley, a little farther way, but really nice and less expensive. When we go we generally spend most of our days down on the National Sea Shore with the Wild Ponies. Minimum cost for a Seven Day pass. Lots of beach access, some with showers and change rooms. The State CG is nice, right on the beach, but no shade, just sand dunes. Only one loop has Electric, all the rest are Dry Camping. The Electric Loop fills and sells out as soon as it’s possible to make reservations.
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Ext Cab LT DRW Duramax/Allison pulling a 2012 SOB (still Thor, but not a Keystone), Dual ACs, 4 Door Fridge, Fireplace, Sleep Number Bed, Level-Up Auto Levelers, Disc Brakes, Winegard DirecTV SlimLine Auto Dish, Onan 5.5K, Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer, GY G114s on HiSpec 17.5 wheels, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Mor/ryde IS.

Michelle & Ann Sullivan and 4 American Shorthairs
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:10 PM   #9
rrohrer

Thanks so much for help/input. I kinda want to check out oc, md and go to assateque. Never been there, but hear that it's nice. Both o.c. c.g.'s have shuttle services. both kinda pricey, but i think can be expected if so close to everything. As soon as my vacation granted for 2013 I will see who can accomodate me.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #10
blackty

We have stayed at Castaways a few times. Our sites were at the very far end by the private house at the bay, right at the tree line. Mosquitoes and green head flies were horrible. Friends of ours were further away from the trees and they had no bugs. We could see the wild horses across the bay on Asateaque. Very nice place, kinda pricey, not much to do there. They do have a dog park that is fenced in and have watering fountains and bag dispensers. We went to the waterpark, go-kart track and the boardwalk. There is a Dumpser's ice cream on every corner and Thrasher's fries on the boardwalk...Jim