Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2012, 03:04 AM   #1
chris199

Keystone Cougar 32SAB, Front Fiberglass Cap, and ProPride 1400

Looking at buying a ProPride 1400 but have concerns about it fitting with the fiberglass front cap on the Cougar 32SAB. Has anyone installed a ProPride hitch on a Cougar TT with the large front cap? Hensley has hanger bars that, I believe, do not have to be popped up with a pry bar (also a problem with the fiberglass cap).....hoping ProPride has something.

Really prefer a Propride since it sounds like it's an easier hookup but have to say the reconditioned Hensley is $500 less. Since I can't use the leveler jacks, the reconditioned Hensley is a less than normal.

Anyone know???
chris199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:16 PM   #2
chris199

Well...tried and tried to confirm with ProPride. No answers to emails or phone calls for 5 days. Not sure what is happening there now. Ordered the last remanufactured Hensley in stock - as of today anyway....they may put more in stock immediately. Ordered with the snap up bars. My dealer rep had a great idea...just trim some of the propane tank shroud off to permit use of the snap up bar. We'll see how it goes but the bottom line is I won't be second guessing myself if something happens while towing that 35' monster. I'll know I took every precation for safety.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #3
chetscc

Propride

We have a 2011 Keystone Laredo 291TG with the front cap and the propride fits. It is tight and makes it a bit of a challenge to get to the propane tanks.
chetscc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:56 PM   #4
chris199

Propride with the struts or some other WD bars?
Old 03-22-2012, 09:27 AM   #5
Sean Woodruff

I don't have any emails or phone messages that have gone unanswered.

I did get a message from someone that stated, "I'll buy from your competitor because they are answering the phone."

There was no number or name left with that one and I wish them good luck.

We are extremely busy right now and don't sit at the desk waiting on phone calls. They have time to do that. I don't pay someone to sit by the phone and pass that cost on in the form of price. I sell new hitches for what my competitor sells used hitches for. They ALWAYS have "just one left" but have been selling used hitches for at least two years now. They have more overhead to pay for.

If you Google my name and company and read about my customer service I think you'll find that something was definitely not in the norm with your emails and phone calls. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't get an email or a review on a forum about our excellent customer service.
Sean Woodruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:23 PM   #6
chris199

All I can say is that I was calling since last Friday thru Tuesday night. No answer on the phone line during the business day Monday and Tuesday with either option #1...questions or #2...order line. I called at least twice/day (more often on Mon and Tue). I left at least two messages. I clearly left my cell number in each case. I will also say (so I am not perceived as being totally one sided)that I called ProPride two weeks ago on a Sunday and Sean answered the phone and was more than helpful. That gave me all the more reason to be surprised that no one answered on several calls and there were no returned calls. Thought perhaps people were on vacation,etc. Wasn't sure what to think.

The person who left the message "I'll buy from your competitor because they are answering the phone" was not me. I would not leave that kind of message. That was another potential customer. This is further evidence that calls made to ProPride were not being addressed in a timely manner. There may be others missed as well. I don't know but there were at least 2 potential customers missed.

I am not expecting you to have someone to instantly answer the phone. I think we all realize we're dealing with companies that have 10 or less employees....likely smaller. I did expect a call back within 24 hrs (once the business week started). I sincerely tried to give ProPride time to respond. I was looking to buy immediately. The lack of response led me to question what type of service I'd receive and whether ProPride had the resources to provide service for the next several years - if needed.

I decided to order from Hensley, as a result. No malice intended. I think anyone who experienced what I experienced would have done the same thing....and probably would not have given ProPride as much time as I did. I sincerely wanted to order a 3P. My take from your customers is that the 3P is much easier to use/hitch up to.

Water under the bridge now. I am really sorry this did not work out for both of us.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:32 PM   #7
Sean Woodruff

I apologize for that but I think you'd find it isn't anywhere near our response. Just search for any review about ProPride customer service.

I will find out why the voice mail is not getting to us or why it wasn't returned.

Thank you for letting me know.
Sean Woodruff is offline   Reply With Quote