Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2017, 07:20 PM   #21
Javi

Auto level is better than sliced bread.

Javi
Old 04-01-2017, 07:21 PM   #22
the sodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post

Javi
Money, money, money...🤑
Old 04-02-2017, 06:01 AM   #23
Tbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by captcolour View Post
Thanks to everyone for their responses.

Making some progress so far:
Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X
Tire Tracker TT-500
Water Regulator
Lynx Levelers

Items like sewer lines and hoses will wait until I get the RV and see exactly what I need.

Let us know how you like the TT-500. I don't think I've seen that brand mentioned here before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:21 PM   #24
vampress_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post

Javi
Some of us aren't that advanced...

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 06:25 AM   #25
4ForCamping

Comfortable campfire chair, bottle opener, bottle/can coozie, stocked fridge/cooler.

4ForCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 11:23 AM   #26
K.C. Jones

Hello, captcolour

Make sure you bring one of these with you!
Whoever invented this necessity should have his picture on a Postage Stamp!!
Just Don't forget to Have Fun...

Have a Great Day!!

K.C.
K.C. Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 12:33 PM   #27
BuxCamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampress_me View Post
For me, personally, I would buy the Anderson levelers instead of the lego blocks for unlevel sites. I know they are more expensive, but so worth it to me. We used the blocks for the first 2 summers (only used them about 3 times, so granted not often) and then last summer got the Anderson's. Used them for our 2 week trip out west and will only pack them from now on. So much easier and quicker than the blocks. I did put a wide band of tread grip on them since had heard about them being slippery for some people. I now have 2 sets of blocks in the garage in their bags that are going to be sold because I don't need them to take up room. I won't use them again.

Just my $0.02.
I've used Lynx for 6 years and now thinking about the Anderson's. However don't toss you Lego blocks too quick. I use them as landing pads for my stabilizers and to level my camp kitchen table and even the site's picnic table.

-- Mark

I used a multi-billion dollar government satellite navigation system to look for a rubber chicken in a tree!

2017 Bullet 248RKS towed by a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 5.3L V8 W/ AFM
BuxCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:54 PM   #28
Pull Toy

Kind of surprised that no one has mentioned a reliable GPS. Beats the H*LL out of trying to back out of a mile long dead end road. LOL!!!

Many years ago we bought a first generation reconditioned Magellan Roadmaster for about $90, as I recall it. We used to leave after work on Fridays with a paper map or set of directions. The problem was that if you missed a turn you might have driven a l-o-n-g w-a-y out of the way before you figured it out! AND the gates always closed at 9:00! Talk about anxiety!

We now, many units later, have a state of the art "RV GPS" 7" screen unit that we can set for "Bobtail mode" or "Trailer mode" with the push of a button. It even allows for HAZ-MAT routing,(Read that Propane, and the 3 B's... Bacon, Beer, and Bourbon) height and length, etc.... , and even lists a bunch of "Points of Interest", including Diesel Fuel Stops, Wal-Marts, etc... etc... etc....

Check the Magellan site http://www.magellangps.com/ for very reasonably priced new or reconditioned units. Much cheaper than Garmin., and most have lifetime map updates.

We call her "Gypsy" (GPSy), and won't leave home without her, even when we know the way. Handy for ETA's. distance, detours, traffic reports, fuel stops, Bluetooth phone, etc...

Good Luck,

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 03:41 PM   #29
Desert185

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
BB&B. Bacon, beer & bourbon.
Wife's 28 pair of shoes.
Boogity, boogity, boogity.
Our version:

Beans, bullets, bandaids, booze, bullion (credit card) about covers the neccessities.

If I tell the wife we're traveling light, she says, "No bra or panties?" She never mentions shoes.

Hubba-hubba.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 03:57 PM   #30
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull Toy View Post
Kind of surprised that no one has mentioned a reliable GPS. Beats the H*LL out of trying to back out of a mile long dead end road. LOL!!!

Many years ago we bought a first generation reconditioned Magellan Roadmaster for about $90, as I recall it. We used to leave after work on Fridays with a paper map or set of directions. The problem was that if you missed a turn you might have driven a l-o-n-g w-a-y out of the way before you figured it out! AND the gates always closed at 9:00! Talk about anxiety!

We now, many units later, have a state of the art "RV GPS" 7" screen unit that we can set for "Bobtail mode" or "Trailer mode" with the push of a button. It even allows for HAZ-MAT routing,(Read that Propane, and the 3 B's... Bacon, Beer, and Bourbon) height and length, etc.... , and even lists a bunch of "Points of Interest", including Diesel Fuel Stops, Wal-Marts, etc... etc... etc....

Check the Magellan site http://www.magellangps.com/ for very reasonably priced new or reconditioned units. Much cheaper than Garmin., and most have lifetime map updates.

We call her "Gypsy" (GPSy), and won't leave home without her, even when we know the way. Handy for ETA's. distance, detours, traffic reports, fuel stops, Bluetooth phone, etc...

Good Luck,
You know, nav is nice but they have issues as well. I have all kinds of them and invariably they will take you out of the way, or miss a road or.....? When Hummers first came out I got one with nav. Took it to Vegas....loving how the nav worked and how it got us around....until, on the way to our destination in town which was "just over there", it ran us straight into a one way street with multiple lanes of traffic "pointed" at us. I had to scramble to figure out 1)what it had done and what was going on and 2) determine a secondary route in a town I had no clue how to get around in. After the many "miscues" we've had with them I never leave home without the nav, but I also never leave home without my smartphone and a highway atlas.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags