Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2013, 10:52 AM   #1
azlee56

My appreciation for this forum and the members

I have learned to lean on this forum and it's members to the highest degree. I want to thank you all for your generosity of giving information about the RV's/trucks/etc. While we were camping the landing gears stopped, at the worst time of course. Internet on my phone was skittish but I knew I had read something about fuses and all here. Unfortunately I was able to connect after the BF used the hand crank, but then found exactly what I needed on the forum and he was able to change the fuse out. Then I read he could have used the remote instead of the hand crank (guess I shouldn't have told him!) lol. More times then not while we are out and about, I have to come on here to read and get the answer.

You all are wonderful. Thanks!!!
Old 03-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #2
davidjsimons

Likewise, I agree with that statement. As a first time RV owner, I have not had to re-invent the wheel, radials are already available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:00 PM   #3
SAABDOCTOR

WOW A WARM FUZZY ON A COLD DAY THAT FEELS SOOO NICE OPPS I WASN'T yelling just forgot to turn the caps lock off. oldtimers dezieze i quess
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #4
Albert

I agree, I am new to the RV world. I have used this forum to help choose my tow vehicle, 5th wheel, hitch and pin box. I am now relying on it to outfit my rig. Everything from surge protection, dehumidifier, wheel chock, and navigation unit. The only downside I see is I may go broke implementing all the good ideas.

For those of you who are so willing to share your expertise, thank you.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #5
fla-gypsy

Many of us have been doing this a long time and have experience with different type RV's and tow vehicles. It doesn't make us any smarter it just means we have already made the mistakes that are common to this great way of life and we do not want to see others make those same mistakes or worry about things that do not matter. I learn something new just about every time I come here and other forums I visit on RV's.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:20 PM   #6
davidjsimons

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla-gypsy View Post
Many of us have been doing this a long time and have experience with different type RV's and tow vehicles. It doesn't make us any smarter it just means we have already made the mistakes that are common to this great way of life and we do not want to see others make those same mistakes or worry about things that do not matter. I learn something new just about every time I come here and other forums I visit on RV's.
Case in point: you don't load a D-5 dozer in the back of a dump truck. I know this because my father told me not to. He did and rolled the dozer over backwards. He laughed and said if you're hell bent on doing it any way, chain the body down first. My point is, never be afraid to listen and learn. It saves on a lot of headaches. Thanks for all of the great advice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:50 PM   #7
SlowPoke

I agree, KUDOS to all the members...new and yes even those " Decrepitly old"

HAHAH (I didn't mean U Festus2 ) , without the conglomeration of vast knowledge and experience here, I'd still be reading manuals for info that wasn't there... cuz some things just ain't in a owner's manual...

So with that said,

2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab w ith 2013 Keystone Passport 3180RE

SlowPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #8
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowPoke View Post
I agree, KUDOS to all the members...new and yes even those " Decrepitly old"

HAHAH (I didn't mean U Festus2 )
Slowpoke:

Why is my name mentioned whenever there is any talk about the old and decrepit? Is it because Hankpage referred to me as an "elder"? Is it because I sound, look and act crotchety? I get no respect here - especially from some young guy who knows nothing about me, just joined the forum and who actually believes Hankpage ??????

Yes, azlee the forum is a great place - for lots of reasons. This thread is an example of that. I just wish some of the new, young members would give this old fart a break! Are you listening Slowpoke?

And thank you to all of our members who have made the forum a place of learning, of sharing, and of course, "slow poking" fun at the elderly.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:31 PM   #9
SlowPoke

Quote:
poking fun at the elderly.
I would never do that, too easy to break the brittle!

I never pointed at ya??!! But you did jump to the defense rather quickly, like you were GUILTY or something ??!!

Quote:
I get no respect here
I always respect the elderly...eh, I mean I would always respect my elders!!!

WE LOVE YA FESTUS2!
What would us young bucks, do without people like you!

2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab w ith 2013 Keystone Passport 3180RE

SlowPoke is offline   Reply With Quote