Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2013, 06:13 AM   #21
IdahoSRT10

I have nothing but bad experiances at Camping World (@ Albuqerque + Boise locations)
Will never go back again!

Maybe some day they get the picture to treat people better.
08 Viper SRT-10 Coupe
10' Cyclone enclosed car hauler
IdahoSRT10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:13 AM   #22
Bluewater

After being burned way too many times I will not return to CW period. Too many other dealers that will really help and deliver service and not the kind when a bull services a cow. Marcus never even replied to my emails.
Bluewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #23
LeeMedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris199 View Post
When I leave my TT with the Hensley hitch for service, I also leave the stinger. That way the dealer can replace their sting with mine and move the unit around.

Seems like the CW service manager is confused about who the customer is here.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
I evened offered to leave my truck attached to it! The answer was NO!

2013 Keystone Montana 3582RL 38'
2006 Ford F350 Dually, 8' bed, Diesel 6.0
Curt 20K Hitch
Retired U.S. Army
LeeMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:45 PM   #24
chris199

I would definitely (and very professionally) let the ceo of good sam/camping world know. Just the facts....I suspect he will "fix" this. Unless you are leaving something out ....sounds ridiculous.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

2015 Keystone Montana 3791RD Legacy Edition, MorRyde 4000, Dual pane windows, Goodyear G rated tires.

2013 GMC Sierra 3500HD, Duramax, SLE, SRW, Crew, Hensley Trailer Saver hitch, Blue Ox BedSaver.
chris199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #25
Javi

Okay, I’ll be odd man out… I like Camping World and as far as I can see the problem isn’t with the company, it is with a specific service writer or service manager…. Sure dissatisfaction rolls up hill but if that’s your bag why stop with just CW surely there is someone else to blame higher up the food chain…
I’d make sure that the store’s GM, Marcus and especially the sales manager of that particular store knew of my surprise and dismay at being turned away because of a hitch (no matter how uncommon) issue.
I might even stop visiting that particular store if my concerns were unanswered, in my opinion you are entitled to at least a personal explanation by the store’s GM...
But I would not blame the entire company for the actions of one individual… I'd want to know if it was a company policy, my breath or just a guy having a really bad day...
Old 03-16-2013, 09:06 PM   #26
concours

send the GM of Camping World a picture of your new 5th wheel when you get it and tell them why you didn't buy it from Camping World that reallly sends the message home
Mor/Ryde XFactor and Wet Bolts
1982 BMW R100
concours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:49 AM   #27
Ruffus

Talking Wow

Man, with all the people on this blog that are mad at Camping World it makes me want to go shopping, that means I won't have to stand in line because me and Javi will be the only ones there.
Curt Q24 hitch for in bed puck system
Fulltimng.
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:25 AM   #28
cabinfever

Camping world may be going through growing pains. I agree the bad service is more than likely a store by store issue. I think if everyone who likes having Camping World available would send a note to the CEO voicing concerns if the problems spread and or dont get resolved, CW may not exist in the not too distant future!

2007 Silverado 2500HD 4X4
2013 Springdale 303BHSSR
cabinfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:25 AM   #29
labs4life

I tried to buy a trailer from a local CW. only 3 miles from my house. Salesman never called back after 3 calls on my part. I drove 95 miles to another CW location and bought a trailer. Very pleased with the deal as well as service. My furnace just quit and I called the local CW about repair and they said it could take 2-3 weeks to diagnose and repair.
Called my salesman at other CW, and he expressed how the other location was just not that hungry. (He was the sales manager there for a short time). I towed it back to Chattanooga from Woodstock, GA. They asked if I was going to wait to see if it was a simple fix and I said sure. Got lunch and waited 30 minutes extra and they said you are good to go.
All that said, I will not do business in Woodstock. I will let them fill propane tanks and such for convince but that is it! Each location is different and it is very evident if u go to more than one. Also very possible that a lot of them are just not managed very well.
The one in Chattanooga used to be Shipps RV and the son of the original owner still works there in service.
labs4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:11 AM   #30
Love2camp

Smile

I guess we've been lucky. Our local CW in Kissimmee has been great...sales and service.

2012 Keystone Alpine 3700RE
2006 Chevrolet Silverado K3500 DRW
Love2camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:17 AM   #31
JRTJH
Site Team

CW In Houghton Lake, MI has been on top of every issue that I've had. Their service department has been great at helping, even without an appointment. Sales, well they'er obviously out to make money, but what salesman working on commission isn't?

Like Javi said and I totally agree, I like CW, have had great experience with them in Las Vegas, Houghton Lake, Omaha and Indianapolis.

Sometimes (not saying it happened this time) people have a bad experience, leave PO'ed, get on the internet and slamdunk to feel better, never having said a word to the "problem store" and then when they cool down and go back, things haven't changed, so they are convinced the store is bad. If management knew of this problem, I'm betting something would have been done, either to fix the situation or to explain, in rational terms, why things are like they are. For all we know at this point, they may have had a number of problems with Hensley hitches, trying to move them around the lot (without the right equipment) and after paying to repair more than one, the GM made a new policy that the store won't touch a Hensley. If he doesn't know the impact it's having, his decision may seem feasible and a good one (on the outside). If he isn't aware of issues the policy is causing, why should he change it? It's saving him money in damaged hitches???

If this hitch situation hasn't been elevated to the store manager and to the CEO of CW, then nothing will change, why should it? Management thinks all the customers are happy. Until they know there's a problem, they can't fix what they don't know is happening.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease, so start squeaking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote