Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 03-12-2013, 04:03 AM   #1
RGRTim

Newbie weather/freeze question

De-winterized my 318sab last weekend in preperation for a trip starting thursday. I looked at the weather forcast this morning and now they are saying temp is supposed to get down to the 30-32 range tomorrow night.
My question is should I go blow the lines out prior to this short cold snap?
After I de winterixed I drained everything but I'm know there is some water in there somewhere. Temps during the day are supposed to be in hi 40s and as mentioned we are leaving thursday so will have heat on and headed south so wednesday night is only night I really have to worry about. Would appreciate any thoughts from more experienced in the group. Blow the lines or let it ride?
Thanks, Have a great day
RGRTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:49 AM   #2
byrdr1

for one night and as long as the temps are not that low for days on end, I feel like you will be OK. I have a trip planed end of the month and I will be spending the next few weekends in my camper getting it ready. I will clean out the pink stuff and stanitize the lines one of these next few Sat/Sun. I will not worry if the temps drop to freezing one night or two as long as day time highs are OK.
Just me!
randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:00 AM   #3
RGRTim

Randy
Thanks, yeah thats what I figured but thought I would ask as I'm not sure how those plastic lines hold up compared to PVC.
Thanks for the quick reply, have a great day
Tim
Old 03-12-2013, 07:07 AM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

If, for that one night, you were to have your furnace running, that would distribute some heat into the infamous "heated underbelly" and provide some protection for the pipes in that area.

If you are hooked up, you could also have a small space heater placed near your water pump which would offer additional protection for the pump and adjacent lines. Even having the heater on "FAN" would help somewhat.

For a short overnight period you should be ok providing the temps do not plummet.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:40 AM   #5
therink

I have had nightime temps down to 25 with no problem. I recommend opening all interior cabinet doors and run furnace at lowest temp setting as additional insurance.
Steve

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #6
RGRTim

Thank you all for the great advice. unit is at storage lot now, may go ahead and bring to house plug it in, turn heater on and not have to worry about it. I wish I could keep it at home but HOA only allows 48 hours prior to or after trip.
Thanks again.
Tim

Tags
318sab, de-winterized, freeze