Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 12-05-2012, 07:56 PM   #1
Snoopdog

Biltmore CG in Savannah?

Looking to go to Savannah, GA and wanted to see if anyone had been here. I have been to Skidaway SP and Ft. MCallister SP, and was looking at this place as an alternative....anyone have a good or bad experience here???
Old 12-05-2012, 08:01 PM   #2
fla-gypsy

Never heard of that one. Perhaps give Rivers End on Tybee Island a try?
Old 12-06-2012, 07:06 AM   #3
Jim W

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla-gypsy View Post
Never heard of that one. Perhaps give Rivers End on Tybee Island a try?
I was there in early OCT of this year. I do not understand how this park is so highly rated by Trailer Life Directory which gave the park an 8/9*/8. To me this park should have been rated 4/5/4 instead. We could almost reach out and touch our neighbors, not much room between the campsites. We had specified a pull through site with full-hook ups cost was $300 for five nights. They put us on site number 144, will one of the issues with this site was the large pine tree in front of the site and not very level. You could not pull the trailer out of the site. I needed to back-up and then pull forward to get out and around the tree. The camp sites were all gravel and sand very little grass in the pull thru sites. For what I paid in price to me this should have been a gated campground like South Haven Sunny Brook RV Resort in Mi or James Island City Park which cost us $216 for five nights. This too was for a long pull thru site with full hook-ups and plenty of room. We stayed at James Island City Park first and then moved onto Rivers end campground next.

Sorry for the rant just did not want you to get your hopes up for an over price city owned campground.
Jim W.
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #4
fla-gypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim W View Post
I was there in early OCT of this year. I do not understand how this park is so highly rated by Trailer Life Directory which gave the park an 8/9*/8. To me this park should have been rated 4/5/4 instead. We could almost reach out and touch our neighbors, not much room between the campsites. We had specified a pull through site with full-hook ups cost was $300 for five nights. They put us on site number 144, will one of the issues with this site was the large pine tree in front of the site and not very level. You could not pull the trailer out of the site. I needed to back-up and then pull forward to get out and around the tree. The camp sites were all gravel and sand very little grass in the pull thru sites. For what I paid in price to me this should have been a gated campground like South Haven Sunny Brook RV Resort in Mi or James Island City Park which cost us $216 for five nights. This too was for a long pull thru site with full hook-ups and plenty of room. We stayed at James Island City Park first and then moved onto Rivers end campground next.

Sorry for the rant just did not want you to get your hopes up for an over price city owned campground.
Jim W.
Not my first choice by a long shot but folks seem to love it. I prefer Ft McCallister SP but the OP already tried it.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:01 AM   #5
Jim & Kay

Trailer Life Directory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim W View Post
. I do not understand how this park is so highly rated by Trailer Life Directory which gave the park an 8/9*/8. To me this park should have been rated 4/5/4 instead.
Jim W.
We too have been amazed by Trailer Life's Directory ratings. Many times they are far from the truth. If we've not been there before, we have given up reserving camp sites and look before deciding to stay. This forum and other campers experiences are the best way to choose a campground. Thank you for the rant.

HAPPY TRAILS TO YOU
Jim, Kay, & Our Furry Kids
2012 Cougar HC 5er 291RLS aka "Rt 66 B&B"
2008 Toyota Tundra aka "The Hoss" 4X4 Limited DC 5.7 L
6 S Tranny w/TowHaul 4.30 RG 20" tires
Firestone Airbags w/compressor
16K Superglide hitch

Lovers of Route 66
Jim & Kay is offline   Reply With Quote