Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 02-29-2012, 06:51 PM   #1
michael

Roof bubbles

Okay feb 29 wed, I went and inspected the 2011 sprinter 297RET,
Todays inspection was after it rained tues night,

I hooked up my battery opened the slides searched for leaks everything was dry. checked seals around the slides, opened all the windows inspected seals,

Then i grabbed the ladder and checked the roof found bubbles, And in a few areas where the roof was level but not glued along the edge, In thoes areas i could just run my hand over it and feel a slight air pocket,

I took a few videos then went in to the service department to talk about my findings i was told it was normal until the weather warms and that if its still there by july i should let them know,

Because she said it takes about 15 months for the glue to dry completely and that gasses from the drying glue form the bubbles, Im not angry at all,

I guess i will just moniter it closely, I just bought the camper Feb 3rd so my factory warranty will be good until Feb 3, 2013, and i will be in it until nov so if its not all better by then they will get it back and i will have a new roof.

Any thoughts ?

2008 Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4x4
V10 Engine, axle 4:10 ratio
8ft box SRW

10x10 Screen room.

Let It Happen Campin.
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

My last trailer (not a keystone) had some bubbles on the roof and I had it for twelve years with no problems. So when my present Cougar had a few bubbles also, I am not overly concerned. As for 15 months for glue to dry ........ Ask your dealer to put that in writing since it is beyond your 12 month warranty. I think he will say you misunderstood or something like that. Some bubbles are fairly common and as long as they don't grow you should be fine for many years.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:44 AM   #3
SteveC7010

I'll affirm what Hank just said. Our '99 Sunline had the Dicor roof, and it had a few bubbles and even a bit of a wrinkle. They never grew, and depending on time of year, sunlight, temperature, etc., they even appeared to shrink.

If you feel they are minor and do not seem problematic, then just keeping an eye on them is likely all that you need to do.

The big issue with the membrane roofs is leaks at seams and edges, or where ever there is a transition from Dicor to any kind of fixture like the plumbing vents, A/C, tv antenna, etc. Punctures are also a major concern.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote