Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #1
Johnnyfry

Question AAA/Good Sam Insurance

I agree with jg1031. We have had AAA for years but only with cars. I got Good Sam anticipating RV issues that AAA couldn't cope with. I have not had to use Good Sam yet but think that they would do better if I were stalled on the side of the road with the 5er.

As it was, it was only a jump start issue.

John
Johnnyfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:33 AM   #2
reubenray

After further review I most likely will switch my two vehicles and the new RV to the Good Sam Club Road Hazard plan. My current AAA Plus plan runs out in August. It actually will be a little cheaper. I also plan on getting Good Sam insurance for the RV.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:45 AM   #3
jje1960

Aaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
After further review I most likely will switch my two vehicles and the new RV to the Good Sam Club Road Hazard plan. My current AAA Plus plan runs out in August. It actually will be a little cheaper. I also plan on getting Good Sam insurance for the RV.
I've kept the AAA, now have the AAA Plus RV Gold. Coverage will send out a truck for the 5Ver as well as the TV if needed.
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:35 AM   #4
reubenray

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1960 View Post
I've kept the AAA, now have the AAA Plus RV Gold. Coverage will send out a truck for the 5Ver as well as the TV if needed.
I looked through my brochure that AAA sent me and it does not refer to an "AAA Plus RV Gold". Another thing I am concerned with AAA is the "regional" comments made on another forum. My plan is from Missouri, but I live in Louisiana.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:20 PM   #5
breadman224

RV Insurance

We have Blue Sky they are strictley RV insurance and they are very reasonable with great coverage and service, U start with a $500 deductable that drops $50 dollars a year each year u dont use it, Our deductable is down to $250 this year, They have roadside service nationwide, Vacation re-embursement if ur RV cant be used and will pay motel fees, I Just sold my 5er to a buddy and sent him to BLU Sky and he got Full Coverage on the Copper Canyon for $238.00 a yr. He started asking the same thing trying to tie it in with his auto insurance and they couldnt come close. Check em out, its ur money,
breadman224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:31 PM   #6
smiller

I used to be down on AAA until it was mentioned that they will tow to the destination of your choice, vs. just the nearest destination capable of servicing the vehicle. I have already had an instance where this policy would have been of great advantage over the Good Sam or Allstate RV Roadhelp plan's limit of 'the nearest.' For a primary and one associate membership for my wife AAA costs about the same, the only disadvantage is a 100-mile tow limit for RVs. But I have to ask myself what is more likely... actually needing a tow of over 100 miles or having my choice of the tow destination and I keep coming up with the latter. I think I might actually switch to AAA for this reason.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #7
BoosTT

I've had AAA for a few years. Never needed it for a break down while towing the TT. I've used them several times for auto breakdowns and they have been great.

I usually have the cars towed to my house and I'll just fix it myself.
BoosTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:52 AM   #8
smiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoosTT View Post
I usually have the cars towed to my house and I'll just fix it myself.
Yes, that is what I generally do, but had to rent a flat-bed trailer to get the vehicle home because my expensive towing service wouldn't tow it just a few miles further beyond 'the nearest capable repair station.' I hope that refusal saved them a lot because it also cost them a lot of future revenue from a previously good customer. It was RV Roadhelp, not Good Sam but as far as I can read Good Sam's policy is the same so... AAA it is.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote