Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2017, 02:22 PM   #1
Steve S

Brita jug

The Brita jug that I have won't fit. T smaller size won't fit either. The pics will explain. Can another rack be ordered from Amazon or am I screwed? Sorry about the sideways pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170715_150444.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	179.8 KB
ID:	13372   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170715_150502.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	13373  
Old 07-15-2017, 07:01 PM   #2
Cheryl

We have the same fridge and I found a skinny Brita that fits in the door. The bottom door shelf is wider than the top 2. Maybe that would work??

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 03:24 AM   #3
Steve S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl View Post
We have the same fridge and I found a skinny Brita that fits in the door. The bottom door shelf is wider than the top 2. Maybe that would work??

`

Thanks Cheryl, I measured the bottom door shelf then I got the Brita measurements for the small ones and you're right it'll fit. I ordered one off Amazon so that cured that problem. Is it the same filter as the big one? I couldn't find out anything online so I'm going to assume that all jug filters are the same.
Old 07-16-2017, 04:58 AM   #4
Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
`

Thanks Cheryl, I measured the bottom door shelf then I got the Brita measurements for the small ones and you're right it'll fit. I ordered one off Amazon so that cured that problem. Is it the same filter as the big one? I couldn't find out anything online so I'm going to assume that all jug filters are the same.
Yes, the filter is the same.

Old 07-16-2017, 05:25 AM   #5
Steve S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl View Post
Yes, the filter is the same.

That's perfect as I have 3 boxes of the filters. Thanks.
Old 07-16-2017, 06:09 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

We are probably going to be labeled "cheap" but our Brita won't fit the refrigerator shelf either, so we just bought a "better quality" ($0.89) gallon water bottle at the WalMart filtered water dispenser (next to the eggs in our store) and pour the Brita filtered water into the gallon jug. Store the Brita in a cabinet and store the filtered water in the jug that does fit the refrigerator shelf. We find the Brita top will not stay on when towing because of the location of our refrigerator, so it usually splashes out onto the refrigerator contents. The gallon jug prevents that and keeps the water where we want it.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:57 AM   #7
Steve S

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
We are probably going to be labeled "cheap" but our Brita won't fit the refrigerator shelf either, so we just bought a "better quality" ($0.89) gallon water bottle at the WalMart filtered water dispenser (next to the eggs in our store) and pour the Brita filtered water into the gallon jug. Store the Brita in a cabinet and store the filtered water in the jug that does fit the refrigerator shelf. We find the Brita top will not stay on when towing because of the location of our refrigerator, so it usually splashes out onto the refrigerator contents. The gallon jug prevents that and keeps the water where we want it.
John I swear that my dad just wrote this as we went out for breakfast and he said the exact same thing to me this morning. When we got back to his place we went into his trailer and he showed me the same setup that you have. It does make sense plus a new little Brita is $45.00 on my end and I'm not cheap I just can't justify spending that much on a jug. This post really has helped.
Also my tower top pops off and spills and so does my dad's so I don't think that it's a defect.
Old 07-16-2017, 07:23 AM   #8
Desert185

I know someone who uses a Brita to "filter" the green hose filled water from the trailer's fresh water tank. The Brita won't filter green hose "chemicals".

We use a blue filter to fill the tank, but drink Costco (Kirkland) bottled water, which is pretty inexpensive. Some of the piped water one finds on the road can be nasty, especially over chlorinated city water.

The great part for us is giving the empty water bottles bought in NV (for no extra fee) to my challenged BIL who recycles them in CA, getting his "fee" back that he didn't pay. Apparently, this is quite an enterprise for "less fortunate" NV folks who reside near the CA border. We also give him our NV plastic bags so he doesn't have to pay for them at the CA grocery stores.

We try to do our part in the recycling game. Its for the granddaughter's future.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 05:15 PM   #9
Steve S

K ya all beat me in price as this cost $5.00 but it works great and fits perfectly. Now I'm packed and ready for a few days of trout fishing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170716_155051.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	168.0 KB
ID:	13393   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170716_155009.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	13394  
Old 07-16-2017, 06:20 PM   #10
Cheryl

Hadn't thought about water spilling out as you travel. So far we've only moved once with food in the fridge and it could be the Brita was empty. Usually I just unload the cooler at the site. Thanks for the hint! A fridge full of water would not be fun!!