Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2018, 11:53 AM   #1
Cattail

Bullet 210 RUDWE

Greetings from the Sunshine State. I am taking delivery of a Bullet 210RUDWE next week and would like to make contact with other Bullet 210RUDWE owners. A couple of questions I have right off the bat is whether the model comes with roof vent covers and what are the floor dimensions of the portside aft outside storage locker? Especially the length and width (to determine what size plastic bins will fit in there). I will welcome any other advice regarding this model. If I can reciprocate in any way, please let me know.
Cattail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 01:30 PM   #2
KeithInUpstateNY

Congratulations on the new camper and welcome to the forum.

Vent covers have always been dealer or owner installed in my experience, not factory. They are a fairly easy first project.

2015 Bullet 220RBI
2019 Chevy Colorado extended cab V6 3.6 liter
KeithInUpstateNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 10:50 AM   #3
Cattail

Thanks, compeakw. I notice (after almost a year) that you pull your 220RBI with a Chevy Colorado Crew Cab V6 3.6L. I am currently looking at the possibility of trading my Traverse in on a Chevy Colorado equipped as you describe. Have you found the Colorado to be adequate? Any reservations?
Cattail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 11:10 AM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattail View Post
Greetings from the Sunshine State. I am taking delivery of a Bullet 210RUDWE next week and would like to make contact with other Bullet 210RUDWE owners. A couple of questions I have right off the bat is whether the model comes with roof vent covers and what are the floor dimensions of the portside aft outside storage locker? Especially the length and width (to determine what size plastic bins will fit in there). I will welcome any other advice regarding this model. If I can reciprocate in any way, please let me know.
You might want to determine what you are going to put in the totes vs the size of the storage compartment. This might make you wait until you have the unit but would probably be more beneficial so that you can maximize the size of the totes vs size of compartment vs size of tote required.

We went thru 2 sets trying to use totes we used in the past but they just didn't maximize the use of the pass thru space because they didn't "fit" well together inside (height/width etc.).
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 12:18 PM   #5
nied

Colorado TV

I have been pulling the 248 RKS with a "16" Colorado for four years. Sixteen thousand miles so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1245.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	270.1 KB
ID:	24054  
nied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 03:09 PM   #6
KeithInUpstateNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattail View Post
Thanks, compeakw. I notice (after almost a year) that you pull your 220RBI with a Chevy Colorado Crew Cab V6 3.6L. I am currently looking at the possibility of trading my Traverse in on a Chevy Colorado equipped as you describe. Have you found the Colorado to be adequate? Any reservations?
I did, I traded the 220RBI for a Prime Time Avenger 21RB last year. Almost identical dry weights of around 4600 pounds, but the Avenger has a heavier hitch weight so I have to be more careful about watching the cargo weight in front of the axles on the trailer. The Colorado tows both of them fine, though I haven't done any towing in the mountains to really test it on any significant grades. It's just me and my dog so not a lot of weight in the cab of the truck, ~220 total.

With a gross vehicle weight rating of 6400 pounds for the 210RUDWE it should be a good match for the 7000 pound towing capacity of the Colorado, leaving you 600 pounds for passengers and cargo in the truck bed even if you max out your trailer capacity. Again just watch how you load it. The Colorado has a max tongue weight of 770 lbs. You're starting with a dry tongue weight of 502, then you have to add 40 pounds of propane and 50-60 pounds per battery, and however many gallons of water are in the fresh water tank times 8 (assuming it is toward the front of the trailer), BEFORE you add any cargo to that pass through storage compartment, or in any of the other storage compartments inside the trailer that are in front of the axle.

2015 Bullet 220RBI
Old 10-13-2019, 03:17 PM   #7
KeithInUpstateNY

I should have noted that I was satisfied enough with how the 2015 Colorado Crew Cab towed both trailers that I bought a 2019 Extended Cab this year. Again it's just me and the dog so I didn't really need the Crew Cab and I got a six foot box on the Extended Cab. I really hated the five foot box on the Crew Cab, my only real complaint about that truck. The Crew Cab is available with a six foot box, but they are hard to find.

I put close to 50000 miles on it and only had to do oil changes and one set of front brakes.

2015 Bullet 220RBI
Old 05-23-2020, 01:39 PM   #8
Cometman

Just joined the forum and we also have the same TT. Love it too!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bullet.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	27533  
Cometman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet