Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2024, 07:23 AM   #1
Amontanagl

2010 Cougar living room chair replacement

I have the 2010 Keystone Cougar and I want to replace the 2 stackable livingroom chairs. We still have the originals that came with it. I am having a hard time finding small non-reclining stackable replacement furniture for this rv.

The chairs must be stackable to allow the slide out to be in for traveling.

Anyone here know of a brand, style, company that makes this type of chair?

Thanks
Cindy
Amontanagl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 08:05 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

What model of Cougar? Are the stackable chairs padded or ? A picture would help.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 10:36 AM   #3
Amontanagl

The camper is the 2010 Keystone Cougar 276RLS 1/2 Ton. Both chairs are padded and one flips over and stacks on top of the other one.

Looks like the link to the picture isn't working. Here is the link located in Google Drive.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...-8dyy3Lh429vJt
Old 06-15-2024, 11:30 AM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

I cannot access that folder. Here are a couple of links to that trailer, both have different style chairs and none look stackable - maybe they would be an option??

https://www.google.com/search?q=2010...qP7rA26mA,st:0
Old 06-15-2024, 12:47 PM   #5
Amontanagl

Not sure why the google drive link didn't work, it's set to allow anyone that has the link to open the file. Sorry about that.

I will keep searching.
Old 06-15-2024, 01:25 PM   #6
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amontanagl View Post
Not sure why the google drive link didn't work, it's set to allow anyone that has the link to open the file. Sorry about that.

I will keep searching.
Drive Link needs the requesting viewer to have access. If I try to open it I get a message to request access from you.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 04:32 PM   #7
Amontanagl

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Drive Link needs the requesting viewer to have access. If I try to open it I get a message to request access from you.

I thought I set it to allow anyone with the link but I guess I messed that up! It's fixed now if you want to try it again.
Old 06-15-2024, 05:19 PM   #8
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
I thought I set it to allow anyone with the link but I guess I messed that up! It's fixed now if you want to try it again.

Tried again and access denied requiring approval.
Old 06-15-2024, 07:05 PM   #9
Amontanagl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Tried again and access denied requiring approval.

Oh well, they are the same chairs as in the video you posted. I am just looking for a site that sells rv swivel NON Reclining lightweight chairs and I am having trouble finding anything that will stack.

The reclining chairs are all too heavy, need something that I can pick up and flop over the other one...around 50 pds or less and all the reclining one's are over 60 and up in weight.

The furniture stores in my area are limited (we only have 3) and they do not have anything lightweight that is small enough for an RV. And we don't have any camper stores anywhere close to even look at anything. So it's online shopping for me.

Access is set for anyone that has the link should be able to open the file.

Trying link one more time:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a7A...ew?usp=sharing
Old 06-16-2024, 05:20 AM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

Here's one link to what I think you're looking for. https://www.rvpartsnation.com/rv-fur...-swivel-chair/

Keep in mind that styles change through the years. Cloth covered swivel chairs "sort of" fell out of style as "Pleather" came into style. Overstuffed chairs went out of style as swivel chairs became popular and today, recliners are replacing swivel chairs today.... It's sort of like trying to find a store that stocks men's striped bell-bottom slacks today.... They were "everywhere" in 1967, today, only in a select few "botique stores"....

Maybe you can find something from that link. Be sure to look at the recommendations at the bottom of the page.... Good Luck !!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 05:33 AM   #11
Amontanagl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Here's one link to what I think you're looking for. https://www.rvpartsnation.com/rv-fur...-swivel-chair/

Keep in mind that styles change through the years. Cloth covered swivel chairs "sort of" fell out of style as "Pleather" came into style. Overstuffed chairs went out of style as swivel chairs became popular and today, recliners are replacing swivel chairs today.... It's sort of like trying to find a store that stocks men's striped bell-bottom slacks today.... They were "everywhere" in 1967, today, only in a select few "botique stores"....

Maybe you can find something from that link. Be sure to look at the recommendations at the bottom of the page.... Good Luck !!!

Thank you! I will check out that site, that's kinda what we are looking for. Appreciate the link.
Old 06-16-2024, 07:34 AM   #12
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Oh well, they are the same chairs as in the video you posted. I am just looking for a site that sells rv swivel NON Reclining lightweight chairs and I am having trouble finding anything that will stack.

The reclining chairs are all too heavy, need something that I can pick up and flop over the other one...around 50 pds or less and all the reclining one's are over 60 and up in weight.

The furniture stores in my area are limited (we only have 3) and they do not have anything lightweight that is small enough for an RV. And we don't have any camper stores anywhere close to even look at anything. So it's online shopping for me.

Access is set for anyone that has the link should be able to open the file.

Trying link one more time:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a7A...ew?usp=sharing

The link worked today. As John mentioned, I think you will have to find something that is made currently which may not be exactly what you have. Take measurements of what you have/need then find something that will work. Bear in mind the RV/furniture is 14 years old so direct replacements are probably non existent. RVs change decor on a whim and in many cases items used in them are "discontinued/obsolete" by the next production run.
Old 06-16-2024, 09:54 AM   #13
Amontanagl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
The link worked today. As John mentioned, I think you will have to find something that is made currently which may not be exactly what you have. Take measurements of what you have/need then find something that will work. Bear in mind the RV/furniture is 14 years old so direct replacements are probably non existent. RVs change decor on a whim and in many cases items used in them are "discontinued/obsolete" by the next production run.

I know I will not find the exact thing as I have, I just want to find the same type that stack. Was looking for links to suppliers of RV furniture and what other people have found that works.

Thanks for the help!
Old 06-20-2024, 09:44 AM   #14
TomD1

Quote:
I know I will not find the exact thing as I have, I just want to find the same type that stack. Was looking for links to suppliers of RV furniture and what other people have found that works.

Thanks for the help!
Try RecPro.com, I have purchased furniture from them in the past with great results.
Old 06-20-2024, 03:02 PM   #15
Amontanagl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomD1 View Post
Try RecPro.com, I have purchased furniture from them in the past with great results.

Thanks! I will check that site out, appreciate the info.

Tags
cougar