Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2023, 05:55 PM   #1
bartbill

Winterizing first time

New trailer ( 2019 Cougar half ton 22 RBS) for me and figuring this out. Behind the water docking station is the box containing the water pump and and the usual assortment of hoses, photos enclosed. Just outboard of the filter is a brass fitting with a cap and a valve. Is this the place to add the to hose to the antifreeze jug. Hope the 3 pics come thru.

I've attached 3 pics Manage Attachments
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer winterize3.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	45817   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer winterize 2.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	45818   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer winterize.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	45819  
bartbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 02:21 AM   #2
Glamper63
Gone Traveling

Yes that brass fitting is for winterizing from a jug especially if that white/blue hose comes from the fresh water tank. The pics are fine but I don't see a valve on that fitting unless it's on the bottom.
Glamper63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 06:39 AM   #3
dutchmensport

Looking at your photos closer, that clear hose is the hose you put in the RV antifreeze container. Your photo does not show where it connects to the water system, if it does at all. If it's connected to the system already, then there needs to be a valve to flip back and forth which diverts the water from either the incoming water from the fresh water tank, or the incoming RV (pink stuff) antifreeze from the clear hose with its end stuck in the container.

If that is the case, then it's hard to determine what that brass fitting is for. Is it on the "intake" side of the pump, or the "output" side of the pump?

On a previous travel trailer, I had to simply unhook the incoming line from the fresh water tank on that side of the pump and attach the clear hose. No valves needed this way.
Old 12-07-2023, 06:45 AM   #4
curtiscapk

you take that top fitting off and put on one attached to the clear hose. Here is a very clear pic from my old hideout.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	waterpump valve.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	201.5 KB
ID:	45820  
2013 F150 5.0 2WD
Equalizer 4 WDH
Overland Park, KS
curtiscapk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 12:44 PM   #5
skids

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartbill View Post
New trailer ( 2019 Cougar half ton 22 RBS) for me and figuring this out. Behind the water docking station is the box containing the water pump and and the usual assortment of hoses, photos enclosed. Just outboard of the filter is a brass fitting with a cap and a valve. Is this the place to add the to hose to the antifreeze jug. Hope the 3 pics come thru.

I've attached 3 pics Manage Attachments
So that clear vinyl hose ... is it just laying in the compartment? Mine attaches to a brass fitting like that when the cap is removed. Then you switch the valve. BTW, it looks like the handle on the valve (black?) is already switched towards the cap.
Old 12-07-2023, 01:22 PM   #6
bartbill

Skids, that clear vinyl hose/adaptor was in a box of stuff in the basement. I put it in the pump box figuring out just where it went. Looks like it would be for winterizing.

The small black lever on the underside of the brass cap apparitus I belive is in line with the the hose. I will double check. There is a small in line water filter between this connection and the water pump so must be on the inlet side

Thanks much Skids.
bartbill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter, winterizing