Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2023, 05:24 AM   #1
jimbocuda

Question winterizing

I have a 2003 Keystone Sprinter 250RS that i'm going to attempt to winterize myself this year. Not sure where my low point drain lines are located, can anyone help me find them?
jimbocuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 06:32 AM   #2
Martian

Welcome to the forum. Here is hoping your unit is not over mud because this is where you need to get on your back under it to find the drains. They are usually a little bit inside the frame rails. They will be two caps or valves very close to each other. Much easier if someone has added valves over time but even without valves all you need to do is open taps to relieve pressure and unscrew the caps. Open all faucets and shower valves including the outside shower and let drain for a while before you cap them back up and begin winterizing. While you are under there looking, find the freshwater drain also.

2018 Ram 1500 crew cab, 2020 Cougar 22RBS
Just the two of us on the roam with our two Jacks.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Martian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 10:50 AM   #3
German Shepherd Guy

Would help if you complete a signature which would state your model. That said, as stated, crawl under and locate two plastic hoses with screw on caps. One will be on a red line, one on a blue line. Take the caps off (they unscrew) and allow the hot and cold lines to drain. Open all your taps so that air can enter the lines as the water drains. Find the inside access panel to your hot water heater and turn the valve which will take your hot water heater out of the loop and isolate it. Go outside and drop the water heater access panel. Take out the plug in the hot water heater and drain the water out of it. Go back under the trailer and find a plastic hose sticking down that is all by itself. That is the drain to your fresh water tank. Unscrew the plug and drain it. After all the water is drained reattach the plugs in the hot, cold, and fresh water lines. Now find the access panel to your water pump. On the take in side of the pump attach a long pliable tube. Put the end of that tube that is not attached to the pump into a bottle of the pink RV fluid and turn on your pump and put the pink stuff everywhere in the lines EXCEPT the hot water heater, which you isolated when you turned the valve mentioned earlier. Be sure to flush the toilet several time so that pink stuff gets into the flush valve. Some will even prop that valve open when they are done as added safety measure. To do my trailer takes about three gallons but I always err on the side of caution and use twice that amount. This video is helpful. There is nothing to it.

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 03:26 AM   #4
spicercars

Welcome from northern MN. Might want to post under travel trailer or 5th wheel depending on what you have for better answers.
Old 11-01-2023, 02:30 PM   #5
cougar23

Your low point drains are most likely hanging down underneath the camper.
Will most likely have screw on caps on them which I removed and installed ball valves.
cougar23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter, winterizing