Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-11-2022, 06:34 PM   #21
BrutusB64

Reminds me of a recent hurricane rebuild project, whereby two construction hands living in our man-camp of 80 bumper pulls, got into a confrontation that ended when one dropped other's dentures down toilet. Never heard whether dentures were recovered.
BrutusB64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 07:10 PM   #22
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
If you've got "lots of time and no professional tools to use" you might consider a length of 12 pound test fishing line, a treble hook and a bobber. Tie the hook to the end of the line, put the bobber an inch or so above the hook, turn off the water to the toilet, step on the foot pedal, lower the "hook, line and bobber" into the holding tank. Then turn on the black tank flush, it will "push the bobber around in the tank" and hopefully, the water currents will push the bobber into the brush. If you're "sort of lucky" a "round, red/white ball bobber" will roll around in the black tank, dragging the hook behind it and hopefully snag the brush head.

You may spend a couple hours "fishing", but this time of year, most places, boats won't float in the water and it's too cold to sit "out on the ice" so, might as well take up a new hobby, "toilet fishing in the comfort of your own RV".....
Gives a whole new meaning to "crappie" fishing!
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 07:56 PM   #23
travelin texans

My friends wife did the same afew years ago in their 5th wheel, fortunately he'd drained the tank beforehand & didn't attempt to drain after the brush fell in. We ended up cutting the toilet drain pipe just above the basement floor & was able to fish the brush head out fairly easy then used rubber couplings to put the piping back together.
I wouldn't recommend using an auger or snake in the plastic tank as once it was out of the piping you'd have no control of the end & could easily drill holes in the tank.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 05:35 AM   #24
markcee

Looking at the 'Recent Posts' this morning and thought perhaps the OP authored both of these.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	recents.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	37831  
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 06:02 AM   #25
Laredo Tugger

And I thought I was a good editor.
Nice catch there markcee
Now that's funny.
RMc
Laredo Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 02:20 PM   #26
Cjblodgett

Thanks for the suggestion. It won't be my favorite fishing spot but hopefully productive.
Cjblodgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 02:22 PM   #27
Cjblodgett

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcee View Post
Looking at the 'Recent Posts' this morning and thought perhaps the OP authored both of these.....
I won't have that "new member" smell until after I have tried all your suggestions. Thanks for the laugh.
Old 01-12-2022, 06:16 PM   #28
CedarCreekWoody

A magnet on a flex shaft might be attracted to the steel winding that holds the bristles and be able to move it near the entry pipe.
2019 Ram 2500, 4x4, Cummins diesel
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 10:47 PM   #29
markdol1

Cool dont laugh but i dropped a brush

A lot of silly ideas here! try 6 ft of aluminum grounding wire or romex that electricians use for your home, its thick enough to fish out the brush but soft enough to bend a hook in the end or any way you want . Try to fill tank first then dump to move brush head close as possible to the drain opening Happy hunting.
markdol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 07:55 AM   #30
dutchmensport

Last year I dropped a kitchen fork "down the hole". It fell standing up, but I had no grabber. I tried everything I had at the time, but it finally fell flat. I could still see it on the bottom through the hole but all my attempts keep pushing it farther and farther from the bottom of the tank where it was visible through the toilet hole. Finally it disappeared out of sight completely. I never retrieve it. So far, I've had no indication it "passed" through the system yet, so I think it's still in there somewhere.

You may ask, how did a fork get down your toilet? Easy answer. When washing dishes in the kitchen sink, we use a plastic tub to hold the dish washing soap water. When done, I take the tub and pour it down the toilet into the black tank. It adds more water to the black tank and also add dish washing liquid to help clean the tank a little.

Except this time, the water was pretty bubbly and little did I realize there was still a fork left in the bottom of the pan. When I poured the water into the toilet, holding the foot peddle open ... well .... down it went. I never saw it because of the soap bubbles! That's how it happened!
Old 01-13-2022, 09:23 AM   #31
Cjblodgett

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmensport View Post
Last year I dropped a kitchen fork "down the hole". It fell standing up, but I had no grabber. I tried everything I had at the time, but it finally fell flat. I could still see it on the bottom through the hole but all my attempts keep pushing it farther and farther from the bottom of the tank where it was visible through the toilet hole. Finally it disappeared out of sight completely. I never retrieve it. So far, I've had no indication it "passed" through the system yet, so I think it's still in there somewhere.

You may ask, how did a fork get down your toilet? Easy answer. When washing dishes in the kitchen sink, we use a plastic tub to hold the dish washing soap water. When done, I take the tub and pour it down the toilet into the black tank. It adds more water to the black tank and also add dish washing liquid to help clean the tank a little.

Except this time, the water was pretty bubbly and little did I realize there was still a fork left in the bottom of the pan. When I poured the water into the toilet, holding the foot peddle open ... well .... down it went. I never saw it because of the soap bubbles! That's how it happened!
Great story. It happens to even seasoned people. I don't feel so bad. Thanks for the story.
Old 01-16-2022, 08:18 AM   #32
CedarCreekWoody

Success yet?
2019 Ram 2500, 4x4, Cummins diesel
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 08:20 AM   #33
DDuncan51

If you can't find it, you could try using an endoscope. I'm thinking it might be tough to manipulate it once it's in the tank, maybe tie a string on the end by the lens, then maybe you could pull it horizontal and see. Maybe.

https://www.amazon.com/DEPSTECH-Wate...2349840&sr=8-3
DDuncan51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 08:38 AM   #34
Carolyn

Lazyccs

I would remove the toilet first, JS!
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 08:46 AM   #35
rlh1957

You’ll be famous!
A new issue not found on forum before.
Please post your final resolution.

I suspect you are not the first, just the first to own up to it.

2020 Cougar Half Ton 29RKS Fifth Wheel
2019 F350 4WD Lariat SRW 6.7 Diesel SD
Anderson Ultimate 5th Hitch - JT Strongarm TST509 TPMS- 2200W(8)Solar Panels - 800AH BattleBorn Batteries. 3000W Victron MultiPlus II Inv. SoftStartRV on 2 AC’s - Predator 3500 generator Airlift 5000 bags
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 08:47 AM   #36
Pearlie

If you decide to try to fish it out manually, perhaps you can find a rubber glove made specifically for cow inseminations, or the long gloves vets use for large animals (they're extra long, up to the armpit). You would stay a lot cleaner.
Pearlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 08:59 AM   #37
Cascadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
If you've got "lots of time and no professional tools to use" you might consider a length of 12 pound test fishing line, a treble hook and a bobber. Tie the hook to the end of the line, put the bobber an inch or so above the hook, turn off the water to the toilet, step on the foot pedal, lower the "hook, line and bobber" into the holding tank. Then turn on the black tank flush, it will "push the bobber around in the tank" and hopefully, the water currents will push the bobber into the brush. If you're "sort of lucky" a "round, red/white ball bobber" will roll around in the black tank, dragging the hook behind it and hopefully snag the brush head.

You may spend a couple hours "fishing", but this time of year, most places, boats won't float in the water and it's too cold to sit "out on the ice" so, might as well take up a new hobby, "toilet fishing in the comfort of your own RV".....
But what if he hits a snag?
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 09:08 AM   #38
Ddaddyo

Before you start, Remove the Toilet. This removes 50% of the Stress Factor. Good Fishing!
Ddaddyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 09:08 AM   #39
sauerld

Toilet Brush

It will probably slowly disintegrate in the acid to a state that it will flush out eventually or not cause any problem.
sauerld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 09:31 AM   #40
Hballer21

Is this kinda like ice fishing ?
Hballer21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, foreign object in tank, oops, tank