Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2022, 10:21 AM   #1
jasin1

Double check paperwork

Something that happened recently got me to thinking about looking over your paperwork before you sign or pay for something especially if your purchasing a new or used camper or vehicle.

Did a job for a fairly large company where I installed a furnace and the customer elected to keep there original air conditioning system. The new furnace simply gets installed with all the old ac components on top…don’t even have to disconnect the ac,you just hang the coil with straps and slide the old furnace out and new one in….happens all the time all over the country

The homeowner was a miserable man very much up there in years…age not relevant because I’ve seen miserable people of all ages.
Anyway we got there and found his existing coil had been damaged years ago

Showed him and he said that the company that contracted me would have to pay for a new ac system because the salesman didn’t tell him his coil was bad.
( no way of telling until ductwork was removed)
Company said don’t do anything until he signs off saying he is aware it’s for a furnace only. ( it’s also clearly spelled out in the contract)

Customer agrees and signs…it looks like a signature and I’ve never had anyone try and scam me while I was standing next to them…he signed really small in cursive and just wrote “signed incomplete”. Looked exactly like a signature Took me awhile to catch on but it was too late..I would have walked
Later he wouldn’t sign any other papers other then to write out “ job incomplete ac needs to be installed for same price”

The company I do buisness with just laughed and said don’t worry about it he ain’t getting nothing extra

The guy really tried my patience…probably spent his whole life scamming people …now I have to get everyone to print sign and date. And check their license I guess….

Also bought a jeep from a guy in pa ..he said it was his and his baby and blah blah blah…paid cash and he gave me the title and after I’m home I see he purchased from a guy in WV …he had that guy sign the title and he immediately sold it with the other guys signature…almost had a nightmare getting tags because I had no bill of sale from the guy in WV and the guy in Pa never titled in his name

Also never give someone all of your money if they don’t have the clear title and the lien release…could take months to get a lien release in this day and age

Check your paperwork…people can be snakes
Old 01-07-2022, 11:03 AM   #2
wiredgeorge

You think that A/C - furnace story is bad? Yesterday when I went up to the shop, 34F. Heaters on. When I went down to the house for lunch, 84F, furnace off and A/C on. 50 degree swing in about 5 hours. Hope this didn't sound like whining! And where I live, if a title isn't in the seller's name we walk away. Vehicle has to be titled within X number of days and then when the deadline is reached, you start paying more; quite a bit more.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 11:23 AM   #3
jasin1

Yeah that isn’t a good situation…guess you have to choose your battles though…not worth the risk of further issues with those clowns
Old 01-07-2022, 11:27 AM   #4
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
You think that A/C - furnace story is bad? Yesterday when I went up to the shop, 34F. Heaters on. When I went down to the house for lunch, 84F, furnace off and A/C on. 50 degree swing in about 5 hours. Hope this didn't sound like whining! And where I live, if a title isn't in the seller's name we walk away. Vehicle has to be titled within X number of days and then when the deadline is reached, you start paying more; quite a bit more.
Yep your area is where automatic changeover thermostats come in handy
..in my neck of the woods we don’t need it because the seasons change much slower. Typically you need heat and then you don’t need anything for a month or so then you need air…we don’t usually have those drastic temp swings in 24 hours …I always tell people around here it’s for if you lived I. The desert where the temps can be cold at night and hot during the day.
Although last week it was 60 deg one day and 20 the next with a blizzard snow