Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2020, 04:18 PM   #21
Mattbwilson

2020 Fuzion 419 update

Shower wasn't even connected.

Met with keystone inspector on 21st. He agreed with the majority of our concerns and thought the camper could be fully repaired and ready to go in 3 weeks.

Its been 3 weeks and keystone hasn't been able to ship all the necessary parts to camping World in Tyler to finish the repairs.

I'll have another update once we pick it up, f we pick it up. Keystone has said they will "review for your non-use of the unit, but I cannot until the unit is back in your possession ".

Days of ownership 161
Days in shop 127

I has asked for a new camper, but that isn't on the table for Keystone . I'll update more once I know more. Stay tuned.
Mattbwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 04:23 PM   #22
chuckster57
Site Team

If any parts are coming out of Oregon, your not getting any due to the flood. We are currently waiting for a bunch of warranty parts. I hope the trouble in Oregon doesn’t impact the main plant.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 04:36 PM   #23
sourdough
Site Team

Matt, I've watched this thread sort of disbelieving all problems you have had and thinking a thorough PDI/walkthrough would have eliminated most of it. After seeing that hideous repair job that came from the dealership I can only say you are caught in some sort of nightmare it appears. A dealership that would let that go out is, well....not worth their salt. That may well have a lot to do with a lot of your issues. The timeline given to you by the Keystone rep I'm sure assumed you were dealing with competent folks. Understand, all dealerships are not the same; that goes for techs, managers and GMs; gone through a bunch. IMO you need more assistance than the Keystone "rep" and you have had a lot of patience....and a big investment. I will send you a PM with a direction that might help you.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 05:04 PM   #24
Badbart56

I would talk to an attorney. Back when I hauled RV's years ago I did return some to the factory, just saying.....

2010 FZ 405

2011 F350 6.7 Dually w/Banks Power making 510 hp and 1065 ft/lbs torque
Badbart56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 04:46 AM   #25
chunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbart56 View Post
I would talk to an attorney. Back when I hauled RV's years ago I did return some to the factory, just saying.....
I'll start by saying I distrust and dislike most attorneys. They defend you to your last dollar. But sometime it may be necessary to spend the $$ to get the dealers or Keystone's attention. I'll assume that your state is like most in there lemon laws don't address RVs or the house part of them. Perhaps if more state legislators were RV owners that could change. But with "contributions" don't hold your breath.

Back to the attorney. If you can find one with RV knowledge and product failures a letter from him/her might get you satisfaction. But once you do that, any pretense of niceness from the dealer or Keystone will end abruptly.
2019 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 114 (the toy)
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 10:55 AM   #26
Mattbwilson

Update

It's been a long time but wanted to provide an update. Keystone didn't buy the camper back. But, they did take it to the factory to remove and reinstall the front cap. So at least I cannot see daylight where the wall meets the front cap while laying in bed.

Anyways, we have managed to resolve most issues. And are enjoying the camper, 14 months later

However, I wanted to share a funny (shouldn't be funny) image.

We fired up the heater in preparation for a night in the camper. Heater came on perfectly. But stopped 30 min or so later. I tried the incommand system and phone to get it turn back on.
Nothing...no clicks, no sounds just dead air.
After checking propane, fuses (furnace slot dead/no power at all). I decided to look at the furnace and see if the reset switch on it popped. Here is what I saw... all 6 screws holding the hoses on were laying in the storage floor.

Might want to check yours and use radiator clamps to avoid thus happening to you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220227_162302.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	243.0 KB
ID:	38624  
Mattbwilson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuzion