Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2020, 05:23 PM   #1
TDula

TV Wiring Question 2015 Alpine M-3590

Bought a used 15 Alpine that had Cable TV Installed. I'm assuming the Cable guy did whatever he did to get it working.

There are 3 Coax's (Orange, Gray, & Black) at both TV's and one Jack in the Basement (Black Coax)

Both Jacks in at Access Panel are Labeled "Sat Prep" Both are Orange Coax and appear to go straight to both TV's (Can Confirm satellite receivers work through them)

No Booster anywhere, Both TV's are the type that retract into the Cabinets. I've extended the Antenna and ran a Channel Scan on both TV's Black and Gray Coax but no channels found. I've removed the wall plated and no surprises.

Anyone know what goes where? I think this is before Key TV.
TDula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 06:38 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum!!

The black coax is most likely the roof antenna. Your coach is most likely pre KeyTV so there has to be a booster somewhere. I have seen them in closets in the bedroom, in cabinets close to the family room TV.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 03:56 PM   #3
TDula

Found where a Booster may have been. TV Bedroom in TV Cabinet found a 2 Conductor 14 Awg Cable cut. One Gray Conductor One White Conductor. The Cabinet has a Wall Jack and a Orange (Satellite) Gray (unknown) and Black (unknown) coming from the floor of the Cabinet.
Old 06-02-2020, 04:32 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

It sounds like the previous owner had it on a "permanent site" and connected to cable so no need for the roof antenna. The Cable Guy probably disconnected everything they didn't need to run cable to each TV location. My guess is you're in for rewiring the entire trailer to get it back to OEM condition.

Do you know the previous owner and can you contact him to ask about the history???

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 05:06 PM   #5
TDula

Previous owner would have no Clue. Now that I "think" I know where the booster was I have a better Idea what I'm dealing with. My main objective is to back feed the Cable to the Basement for Satellite Outside. I'll tone the Cables out over the Weekend.
Old 06-02-2020, 05:51 PM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

You have a time consuming task ahead of you. I hope you get it fixed.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 08:55 AM   #7
TDula

Done

Here's the final findings

The Booster was removed from the unit, It originally was in the Bedroom. I found a Cut 12V Gray and White wire (assumed it powered the Amplifier) Used a Amplifier from a Wingard GS2200 and found what's what.

Gray Coaxes to Roof Top Antenna

Black Coax to Master splitter from Bedroom. All TV Drops.

(2) Orange Coax Straight Runs from Access panel to Living Room TV & Bedroom TV.

Tags
alpine, wiring