Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2020, 07:06 AM   #1
Dave Gamble

How to replace windshield roller blind '19 Cougar 26RBS

We love the front windshield on the 26RBS, but we have one dog in particular who loves the view far more than the rest of us - so much so that she broke the retract mechanism of the roller blind by shoving the blind out of her way to get a look outside.

I think I have found the replacement part here: https://www.trekwood.com/products/12...Solo-3-Ply-Tan

What I can't figure out is how to get the old, broken one out of its mount up behind the wooden windshield fascia. The metal part that holds the blind moves around somewhat loosely, so I believe that it isn't solidly mounted to the plastic border around the windshield, but I also can't find a way to remove it.

Has anyone ever had to remove one of these? I could use a hint!
Dave Gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 10:12 AM   #2
Tbos

If it’s an MCD shade there are videos on YouTube on how to fix just about anything on the shades.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 11:49 AM   #3
Dave Gamble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbos View Post
If it’s an MCD shade there are videos on YouTube on how to fix just about anything on the shades.
I wasn't able to see what brand it was while mounted in the windshield, but one of the MCD videos briefly described the use of the retention clips - they looked very similar to the little edges I could see of my clips. I used their method for removal and it worked. Plastered on top where it could not be seen while installed is an MCD decal.

That is a relief because there are also videos about how to repair them.

Thanks for the tip!!!
Dave Gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 06:58 PM   #4
Mikendebbie

That shade in a Montana is motorized and made by Irvine Shade and Door. They are always helpful when you call or email.
In the sticks near Austin TX
Aussie Gus+Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 05:44 AM   #5
Tbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Gamble View Post
I wasn't able to see what brand it was while mounted in the windshield, but one of the MCD videos briefly described the use of the retention clips - they looked very similar to the little edges I could see of my clips. I used their method for removal and it worked. Plastered on top where it could not be seen while installed is an MCD decal.

That is a relief because there are also videos about how to repair them.

Thanks for the tip!!!

Glad it was helpful.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar