Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2023, 04:19 PM   #21
Bill-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbecky View Post
I installed 2" axle blocks several years ago and finally have the rig riding level. It actually seems to handle much better, too. Got the axle blocks from https://www.trailerblocks.com/ Don't panic at the prices on their site, as the dollars are Canadian and when paid in US dollars it is much less. You might need to go with 3" or 3 1/2" blocks. Also, most fifth wheels have the high point at the front, ours is at the front A/C unit, and the height of the rig did not change as the rear came up but the front stayed the same because the hitch height stayed the same. The only thing we experienced was the door was higher up. Also, you can not flip the axles because they are curved and flipping them would cause the wheels to be angled the wrong way. Besides, your axles are probably already below your springs.
I'm liking this idea. The rear jacks on our new fifth wheel were installed lower than they should have been at the factory for correct departure angle. I had to unbolt them from the frame bracket and raise both up to clear the angle correctly. Some parking lots and gas stations were just steep enough where it was within an inch or two of dragging the footplate. Too close for comfort.

Tags
5th wheel, leveling