Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2021, 05:31 PM   #21
falconetti

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
How heavy is it? Did you screw through the shower stall into framing? Just wondering how it will do bouncing down the road
feels like 4-5 lbs. 2 brackets secure into the shower fiberglass. Should ride fine. I will post any concerns I find.
falconetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 05:55 PM   #22
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconetti View Post
feels like 4-5 lbs. 2 brackets secure into the shower fiberglass. Should ride fine. I will post any concerns I find.
It looks great!
Old 03-02-2021, 03:49 PM   #23
falconetti

update. Boondocking with our Harvest Host, Oswald Vineyard. Fired up the water pump and generator and took a shower with the new shower head. Side note the shower head traveled just fine. Anyway, to be as conservative as possible I selected the hand held shower head which is the actual original shower head that is attached to the new assembly. It worked great and when you fire it up the display comes to life and gives you a running timer on your shower. I was in and out in 2min. I have to say that even though this was absolutely not a necessary mod I find it to be one that I really like.
Old 03-02-2021, 08:27 PM   #24
flybouy
Site Team

Also revisit this next year and let us know how it fairs during the winter if you don't full time. Domestic appliances don't always tolerate the cold.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 06:49 PM   #25
falconetti

Why would companies like DRV offer residential fixtures and appliances as an upgrade? In our area they will be a better option. A freeze can certainly damage plastic as well as brass, the hard water is a bit more aggressive on brass but we have a water softener for the rig.
Old 03-04-2021, 08:18 PM   #26
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Why would companies like DRV offer residential fixtures and appliances as an upgrade? In our area they will be a better option. A freeze can certainly damage plastic as well as brass, the hard water is a bit more aggressive on brass but we have a water softener for the rig.
A lot of people full time in DRV's, Redwood and other "luxury fifth wheels." For them, they almost always have heat on the trailer full time, usually moving with the seasons, many buyers "opt for all the features of home". Things like dishwashers, trash compactors, even a whirlpool/soaking tub were available for a time in Montana fifth wheels.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 08:25 PM   #27
falconetti

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
A lot of people full time in DRV's, Redwood and other "luxury fifth wheels." For them, they almost always have heat on the trailer full time, usually moving with the seasons, many buyers "opt for all the features of home". Things like dishwashers, trash compactors, even a whirlpool/soaking tub were available for a time in Montana fifth wheels.
Makes sense. I cant see having weather related issues but we do not have harsh winters, they are mild at best. Sitting and not getting used may be the enemy here. Ill post any issues.
Old 03-05-2021, 05:29 AM   #28
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Makes sense. I cant see having weather related issues but we do not have harsh winters, they are mild at best. Sitting and not getting used may be the enemy here. Ill post any issues.
If the water drains out of it like a "typical" shower head it shouldn't be an issue. I'm not going to let the DW see this or it will be on the A list.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
upgrade