Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 02-25-2021, 01:41 PM   #21
markcee

Semi thread hijack here, but since we are talking about the RV890, and I just received mine today, has anyone purchased and used this accessory magnetic mount that provides Live HD Traffic instead of relying on the Drive app for traffic conditions? Since you'll need a cell connection to get traffic info via Drive, I'm figuring the optional mount might be a more stable option as it receives the data via a radio signal.
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 01:52 PM   #22
Sarge2

I got a Garmin RV785 for Christmas.. I've set it up and used it a few times to check how it works... seems to work well but I've not used it for it's true purpose which is for traveling out of state. In Michigan I know the best routes and normally consult my son the OTR driver for suggestions if in doubt. I'm anxious to use it and hope that it works well... Guess it's a wait and see for now...
Sarge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 02:33 PM   #23
Papa of 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcee View Post
Semi thread hijack here, but since we are talking about the RV890, and I just received mine today, has anyone purchased and used this accessory magnetic mount that provides Live HD Traffic instead of relying on the Drive app for traffic conditions? Since you'll need a cell connection to get traffic info via Drive, I'm figuring the optional mount might be a more stable option as it receives the data via a radio signal.
I use the magnetic mount in the Ford F350, I put a piece of plexiglass in the dashboard pocket using silicone and two screws, it works fine. It has a rubber cover i saved to cover it up if I decided to sell or trade it.
Papa of 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 03:54 PM   #24
markcee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa of 7 View Post
I use the magnetic mount in the Ford F350, I put a piece of plexiglass in the dashboard pocket using silicone and two screws, it works fine. It has a rubber cover i saved to cover it up if I decided to sell or trade it.
That's sounds like a good setup. I already have a Furrion rear/side camera display that occupies that spot though.

I'm using one of the cup holders at this point. The base that came with fits well in it.
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 05:29 PM   #25
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge2 View Post
I got a Garmin RV785 for Christmas.. I've set it up and used it a few times to check how it works... seems to work well but I've not used it for it's true purpose which is for traveling out of state. In Michigan I know the best routes and normally consult my son the OTR driver for suggestions if in doubt. I'm anxious to use it and hope that it works well... Guess it's a wait and see for now...
I have that one.. I paired it with a bc35 rear camera ..there is also an auxiliary input for wired video cameras on this one and the 890
Old 02-25-2021, 07:13 PM   #26
Larrystegall

I have the 780, and if set to avoid u-turns it gets pretty weird with the truck setting. Does fine with the 5ver setting.

Any darn fool can drag a trailer down the highway. And many of them do...
Larrystegall is offline   Reply With Quote