Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2021, 06:03 PM   #21
RBH

Kevin

Late on the reply. I already had the GoPower 1500 High Surge inverter from my previous trailer. That is the only reason I added the Xantrex transfer switch . If I was buying new I would likely go with an all in one. I think jasin1 said he went with the Xantrex all in one.

Britt
RBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 10:36 AM   #22
Kevin J

Thanks for the photos. I am thinking of going with the PWD30-EPO-h. I want to get it as it measures actual electricity usage from shore power. Then I intend to use that info to upgrade to a suitable battery bank. I have no idea what electricity we might use but hoping to top it up daily with a generator until we can go solar.

Britt. Thanks again.

Great forum.
Kevin J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 03:02 PM   #23
tanglemoose

Did you install a remote switch with xantrex 2000? I don't have one with my 25rdswe, so manually turning it off and on... thanks D
tanglemoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 03:04 PM   #24
tanglemoose

We have 2 stickers below in command system on paint.. did you remove them...
Which vinyl ones besides entry doors?
Old 02-26-2021, 04:16 AM   #25
Kevin J

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglemoose View Post
Did you install a remote switch with xantrex 2000? I don't have one with my 25rdswe, so manually turning it off and on... thanks D
Not yet. I suppose the only advantage of manually doing it I understand is it helps save battery life from the inverter sucking power even when not in use.
Old 02-26-2021, 04:17 AM   #26
Kevin J

Quote:
We have 2 stickers below in command system on paint.. did you remove them...
Which vinyl ones besides entry doors?
Is it the consensus that it is best to remove all the stickers? To avoid the peeling in the future?
Old 02-26-2021, 04:33 AM   #27
BoCox

Vinyl decals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin J View Post
Is it the consensus that it is best to remove all the stickers? To avoid the peeling in the future?
Kevin are you asking me? And do you mean the vinyl decals on the TT? I think most people think it’s a sin to remove all the vinyl decals, but when you start thinking long term ownership, they do not make sense. The 250BHS looks sharp IMO with the grey body and black trim. I think it’s silly when I see people camped with all the feature and benefit stickers (like 3yr warranty or Winter package) on their new or older trailer. Have friends who all wish they peeled their now older model trailer decals as soon as they purchased.
BoCox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 04:37 AM   #28
Kevin J

Hi,

Yes I meant removing the decals.
So longterm it makes sense to remove them? But short-term the trailer looks better with them?

Sorry for the rookie questions.
Old 02-26-2021, 04:40 AM   #29
BoCox

I can post a picture of what our specific model looks like after. Sun + vinyl ... only a matter of time till they peel or lose their color. Add the fact I can wash and wax a whole lot faster when I have to do that process.
Old 02-26-2021, 04:44 AM   #30
Kevin J

Thanks again.
Old 02-26-2021, 05:03 AM   #31
BoCox

Look Mom ..No Decals

As my friend said when I removed them... you wouldn’t put stickers on your house, so why do they put them on TTs. I did remove all the ones in second picture. Just don’t have that image on my phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BFB968B7-03B2-4CBE-A304-DC7E12F95227.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	231.6 KB
ID:	32168   Click image for larger version

Name:	DDE9E4A5-79FC-4A6E-AD63-3E82A58A6C10.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	233.4 KB
ID:	32169  
Old 02-26-2021, 06:53 AM   #32
tanglemoose

We used 303 protectant our 22rbswe and will on our new one... 25rdswe. Never seen one with All gone... interesting.. and here I was trying to get these little paper ones off. Ha!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20210226_075200.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	32170  
Old 02-26-2021, 07:08 AM   #33
tanglemoose

Yes, we have new TT with the OTG package... no switch. Would help two ways, was finding my batteries were not get a good charge with inverter on. You should only put inverter on when needing. If I go out in storage compartment and turn on and off all day, and at night, all works great ugh...
On the road so finding switch is not easy..
Old 02-26-2021, 08:00 AM   #34
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Yes, we have new TT with the OTG package... no switch. Would help two ways, was finding my batteries were not get a good charge with inverter on. You should only put inverter on when needing. If I go out in storage compartment and turn on and off all day, and at night, all works great ugh...
On the road so finding switch is not easy..
From what I can determine, the Keystone Off the Grid package (standard build, included in all trailers with the package) includes the following:

Dual-port access with solar charger prep located in pass-through storage compartment
Sidewall port access for portable solar panel systems
Inverter prep storage located in pass-through storage compartment
Up to five (5) 110V outlets on every unit are prepped for inverted use with wiring conveniently terminated in the pass-through storage to connect to the inverter when added (The number of inverted outlets varies by brand.)

Then, to that, you can add the following optional package which "puts the guts in the prep package that is standard:

One (1), 170 watt Zamp roof-mounted solar panel, expandable up to 510 watts with aftermarket equipment
One (1), 30 AMP Zamp solar charging system
One (1), 1,200 or 2,000 watt pure sine inverter (varies by brand)

What is NOT included with the package is a storage battery component for the OTG system.

Most RV dealerships have, in the past, opted to install the cheapest, GP 24 battery when they deliver a trailer. That battery is woefully inadequate for even the most basic "dry camping environment"... With the inclusion of the OTG package, dealers may (or may not) be increasing the number of batteries or the amount of battery capacity.... It's entirely the dealership's option to choose which battery to install, so if they are still "cheaping out" then you likely don't have anywhere near the battery capacity to be able to fully use the "rest of the system capability"...

What batteries are in your system by brand and size? They are the "foundation of your solar system and need to be capable of storing and supplying the full capacity of the rest of the system...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 04:35 PM   #35
Kevin J

Hi all,

I can finally post some pictures. This is the rear compartment near the shore power. I appreciate the suggestions to install a hardwired EMS nearer to the fuse box (and it would be out of the way there but perhaps give off noise?) but I am attracted at how easy it looks to install the EMS like BoCox shows in his photo.

I appreciate all the suggestions.

I also need to look at keystone wiring to see what the 3 coloured wires represent unless anyone knows already.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2021-04-21 at 18.10.06.jpeg
Views:	80
Size:	230.6 KB
ID:	33107   Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2021-04-21 at 18.10.14.jpeg
Views:	72
Size:	230.4 KB
ID:	33108  
Old 04-22-2021, 10:46 AM   #36
Kevin J

looking at the keystone wiring standard, I think;
red wire = left turning signal
brown = right turning signal
white = common ground
Old 04-29-2021, 04:45 PM   #37
Kevin J

So finally installed the power watchdog (PWD30-EPO-h) in the rear storage next to the shore power connect.

It connects to the app by bluetooth.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2021-04-29 at 18.40.55.jpeg
Views:	73
Size:	266.5 KB
ID:	33248   Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2021-04-29 at 18.40.55 (1).jpeg
Views:	66
Size:	249.1 KB
ID:	33249