Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2023, 01:01 PM   #1
Neo1130

Newbies from Rochester, WA

Howdy all!

Thanks for allowing me to join the forums.

My wife and I are picking up our 2022 Outback 291UBH on April 1st this year. Best April fools gift ever! We have two kids ages 16 and 10. Daughter is the older of the two and of course son is the youngest...

We are not new to camping or campers. Been doing it since 2012 BUT this is our first non-Jayco trailer and I'm pretty excited to get into a different brand finally. Although we have only been personally camping ourselves since 2012, we both come from camping families. My grandparents have done it since the 50's, my parents since the 70's and now it's our turn. Also, my wife is the niece of the founder of RV Life, which is pretty awesome!
Neo1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 02:16 PM   #2
Gary R.

Greetings and welcome!

Congrats on your new Outback!

I might suggest, after you get it home, is to stock it up and spend a couple of nights "camping" in your driveway. Doing this at home versus on the road somewhere, will help you become familiar with the Outback's systems and identify any issues.

Enjoy and take care!
Retired Firefighter/EMT.
Gary R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 02:27 PM   #3
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1130 View Post
Howdy all!

Thanks for allowing me to join the forums.

My wife and I are picking up our 2022 Outback 291UBH on April 1st this year. Best April fools gift ever! We have two kids ages 16 and 10. Daughter is the older of the two and of course son is the youngest...

We are not new to camping or campers. Been doing it since 2012 BUT this is our first non-Jayco trailer and I'm pretty excited to get into a different brand finally. Although we have only been personally camping ourselves since 2012, we both come from camping families. My grandparents have done it since the 50's, my parents since the 70's and now it's our turn. Also, my wife is the niece of the founder of RV Life, which is pretty awesome!
Easier to get to know someone if they fill out their profile info and make a signature with year, make and model of your camper and same for tow vehicle. Welcome to the forum. Explore the forum and you will find there is a checklist for things to look over before picking up your new camper. Best of luck.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 07:38 AM   #4
Neo1130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary R. View Post
Greetings and welcome!

Congrats on your new Outback!

I might suggest, after you get it home, is to stock it up and spend a couple of nights "camping" in your driveway. Doing this at home versus on the road somewhere, will help you become familiar with the Outback's systems and identify any issues.

Enjoy and take care!

It will be our temporary home for about the next year, until we move out of WA state. So it'll get plenty of use! If the fixes on any issues are minor, I will fix them myself. I have absolutely no problems digging into any project as long as I have the time and patience.
Old 03-30-2023, 07:39 AM   #5
Neo1130

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Easier to get to know someone if they fill out their profile info and make a signature with year, make and model of your camper and same for tow vehicle. Welcome to the forum. Explore the forum and you will find there is a checklist for things to look over before picking up your new camper. Best of luck.

Apologies, I've been pretty busy lately and the way the forums are setup, I already had an account to log into, but never took me to the profile to get it update. I will do that today! Appreciate the reminder.
Old 04-03-2023, 03:26 AM   #6
spicercars

Welcome from northern MN.

Tags
newbie, newbies