Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2023, 11:45 PM   #1
Dadkc

Vanity top

Hi folks, on our 2021 Arcadia 3660 RL, a screw has ‘popped’ and cracked the laminate on our bathroom vanity. Is there a patch kit? Really don’t want to replace it. Will need to peel it away to reset the screw, then the unsightly topping. Then there’s the linoleum floor under the table, seems the 4 screws were never ‘seated’ until I noticed the table wobbling, oh, here’s the reason. Imagine the factory using 1-1/4” screws instead of 3/4” screws. The slide closed and made two tears in the flooring. DW is very frustrated with all the repairs and wants to sell out. Now I’m tasked with these repairs. Help!
Dadkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 02:45 AM   #2
heikejohn

This is frustrating.
If you could post some photos, we might come up with some solutions.
It's hard to picture your problems without seeing the culprits.
heikejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 08:47 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

There is no "repair kit" for any of the Keystone vanity top surfaces. A local Kitchen Supply/Contracting store may have access to a commercial "color matching repair kit" but it won't be a "keystone dealer option to order one".

Once you get the "popped screw issue resolved" probably the easiest and best way to fix the unsightly top would be to buy a properly sized piece of Formica, remove the existing sink/faucet, glue the new overlay in place, use a router to trim the edges, reinstall the sink/faucet and call it a day. It's possible to buy a DIY epoxy countertop refinishing kit, but all of these that I've seen, give a "hint of amateur application" unless you have some "above average artistic skills". And then, you've got a "discerning DW" who will "approve/disapprove" of your work "after there's no way to change the final outcome"....

With the "new Formica overlay, your DW will have "approval of the appearance" and before you apply the first brush stroke of adhesive, you'll know what the final appearance will be....

As for the two "scrapes/gouges in the vinyl floor, any decent "carpet/vinyl installer" will have the tools and expertise to repair them and seal them so any damage is "barely visible" and some repairmen are good enough at their job to make the repairs "all but invisible to find".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 12:02 AM   #4
Dadkc

Hi guys, thanks for the replies, actually went to the rv storage lot to get photos and the battery, grabbed the batt,stood at the door with key in hand, realized I had nothing to go inside for. [emoji30] it’s hell getting old. I’m committed Sat, Sunday I’ll grab some pics. And yes, she can be quite critical and will have final say.
Dadkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 05:03 AM   #5
Pull Toy

Find a nice soap dish, make your repair, then glue it in place?

Good luck,

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote